OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Damn I got to start checking this thread more often. Bridge...my detector has been at Minelab for over a month but I think it's about that time for us to get out there.

I'm sorry our last meeting got so screwed up - that's what I get for depending on a babysitter ;D.

Pcola

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
PcolaBoy said:
Damn I got to start checking this thread more often. Bridge...my detector has been at Minelab for over a month but I think it's about that time for us to get out there.

I'm sorry our last meeting got so screwed up - that's what I get for depending on a babysitter ;D.

Pcola

when your ready call I been up there a few times looking

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I may have to move to Florida so I can play in the dirt with yaw. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
ok I will be back the 16th, you and Pcolaboy decide when you want to go up there and I am game. Send me a pm on when you all want to meet.

Hurst Hammock is closed to public now if you didn't know.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
I didnt know that . We can put in at hwy. 98 small launch ,and just cross the bay.... 16th sounds real good ,stay in touch...

Attachments

• RWb112d- British 16th Button copy.jpg
    RWb112d- British 16th Button copy.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,358

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
RELICDUDE07 said:
I didnt know that . We can put in at hwy. 98 small launch ,and just cross the bay.... 16th sounds real good ,stay in touch...

16th is not good for me as I get back from Mexico that day. any day after though let me know I will be there

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
funny thing often where the old ferry crossings where they later on they put in bridges often only 100 or less yards away from the old ferry crossings. --wilders landing and us 17 bridge is just one such exsample.

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
hey Bob, you should plan on going around the time of the Florida hunt...maybe couple of days before or a day after, i would love to go and help you guy's look for it...let me know....need to try out the new excal1000... Limo Bob

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been checking into this for several years off and on. I have permission from 2 landowners to look. Have not found it. In 1860 Herny Nunez ( I also found that possible link to him and Jean laffitte, but I don't think they are the same, Nunez is a big name in New Orleans lore) Anyhow a Henry Nunez and Elizabeth are listed on the 1860 Seminole Alabama census (his second wife), he listed $10,100.00 in personal assets and $2,200.00 worth of land.Both figures are a fortune back in 1860. I am sure that the census taker told everyone and his brother how much money the Old Man said he had, then when the yankee troops came thru the area someone told them about the rich old man. Or course there are 2 stories as to Who hung him up. At the time of the census, all of his chrildren are grown and I think Moved to Atlanta. Maybe Henry lived on the Fla. side before that or maybe near P'cola and had his slaves operate the ferry while he was in government... He only lived about 10 years with his 2nd wife before he was killed. He re married in 1851. SO HE MAY have buried some coins while living with his 1st wife that the 2nd wife never knew about.
"warrior river rat" gave the link (prev post) to the location of the ferry, at the end of Browns Landing road. On that link it shows 'browns landing' to be where the county has the new boat ramp, nunez ferry was a little north of that, now surround by many homes.
He lived about 2 weeks after the second beating and robbery, ( after the first beating, they came back a week later for more money, hung him up and beat him again, he was about 65 years of age at this time, so he may have told his wife where he had buried any other loot not stolen. She sold the property and moved to Ga. to live with relatives.

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
What is the latest guys, have you gone yet? I'm in Ocala, let me know when you need a hand!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I am unsure if I might of have found something in the area. I sent the film off to be developed and enlarged (ya I still use a 35 mm) will post it when I get the rolls back Monday or Tuesday. For folks to give me thier input. I have my doubts but there have been things on here I never can see the signs people post without someone leading me to the water so to speak. Also found a nice rattler too which since it is hunting season and when deer were moving I did not want to shoot it so it lives on. Weather here has been in 70s so reptiles are enjoying the warm weather.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I have seen the Bridge hunt. There ain't no give-up in the boy. :thumbsup:

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i stayed in a condo on perdido key for 5 months after the 2004 hurricane season while doing disaster restoration....knowing the nunez ferry story, and staying less than 1/2 mile from the old site i took the chance to poke around the area a very limited bit {due mainly to the ever present police roadblock on the bridge checking identification/verifying purposes for entry, of everyone trying to enter island}....if you fellows are searching/detecting in this area be very prepared as the hurricanes demolished near everything in this whole area, strewing trash/debris ALL over the whole area near the river around bridge and its amount could only be described as in the tons...many of them...several large boats were sunk off both sides of the bridge also..we watched a salvage crew refloat one about 35-40 feet long and could see several others in the depths from the bridge..........you will be digging alot of trash, just to let you know.....i have about 200 pics of this area around here somewhere from the aftermath of the storms there and it looked like the aftermath of a nucleur bomb........also, since you seem to be in earnest searching this area, i dealt with insurance people on a daily basis while here...one told me that a person in this same area had lost a metal box containing $10,000.00 in cash when the hurricane demolished his house...the insurance adjuster said the man knew his policy only covered the house itself and therefore there was no reason for the owner to be lying to him trying to cash in on insurance, like many do..........gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread