Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GrayCloud said:
I have seen the Bridge hunt. There ain't no give-up in the boy. :thumbsup:

Gray Cloud you know me well

I hunt when others think it is too hot, too snakey, too wet, too thick
and in my own quite mode

I have stood where the home was I am 100 percent sure.
thats all I want to say for the time

I have learned a lot as the quest has taught me well to never assume
and to listen to mother earth. She will speak if you listen.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
There is many valuables in our inland sounds here washed in from beach homes after the tidal surge crashes through them. It is hard to dive at times due to visibilty and a needle in a haystack but I assure you they are there. I don't have a varity of underwater machines for nothing. :icon_thumleft:

One house sat in the sound for about a year while everyone fought over who was responsible for removing it. I'm sure there are several finds still waiting to be found from Opal and Ivan.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GibH said:
Bridge End Farm said:
There is many valuables in our inland sounds here washed in from beach homes after the tidal surge crashes through them. It is hard to dive at times due to visibilty and a needle in a haystack but I assure you they are there. I don't have a varity of underwater machines for nothing. :icon_thumleft:

One house sat in the sound for about a year while everyone fought over who was responsible for removing it. I'm sure there are several finds still waiting to be found from Opal and Ivan.

Hows the tiger doing for you?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found much with it, I got it at the end of tourist season, so I'm already looking forward to spring :D I think I'm going to start hitting the rivers until it gets too cold. Surf hunting is tough, hard to stay on a target when waves keep knocking you off. I also find it hard to recover anything depper than a few inches. The holes fill back up, so if it's several inches deep and I miss it, I lose the target.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GibH said:
I haven't found much with it, I got it at the end of tourist season, so I'm already looking forward to spring :D I think I'm going to start hitting the rivers until it gets too cold. Surf hunting is tough, hard to stay on a target when waves keep knocking you off. I also find it hard to recover anything depper than a few inches. The holes fill back up, so if it's several inches deep and I miss it, I lose the target.

what are you using for a scoop? I try to keep one foot there as I scopt to keep my reference point. Big festival there this weekend and it will be warm so finds should be there just across the bridge on LH side

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
what are you using for a scoop? I try to keep one foot there as I scopt to keep my reference point. Big festival there this weekend and it will be warm so finds should be there just across the bridge on LH side

I have a pretty good scoop, just need more practice. I've hunted the sound side, haven't found anything great there either. Some change and a plated chain that marked 14K. Would have been nice if it were real, I think it weighs like 93 grams ;D

I do try and keep one foot there, but it doesn't always work. Last week was nice and flat, but the one day I got out I was dodging jellyfish. Saturday the water was lousy with them as well. Everyone says the good stuff is in the water, but so far my best finds have been up on the dry with my Cutlass II and cleansweep coil.

Hopefully we can get up and try that one site sometime. I think we might have to wait until after hunting season though.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Bridge, I know what you mean. I too have a quest that I have been working on for about ten years. Access has been given and I too, have located the spot the old house set on. :thumbsup:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GibH said:
Bridge End Farm said:

I have a pretty good scoop, just need more practice. I've hunted the sound side, haven't found anything great there either. Some change and a plated chain that marked 14K. Would have been nice if it were real, I think it weighs like 93 grams ;D

I do try and keep one foot there, but it doesn't always work. Last week was nice and flat, but the one day I got out I was dodging jellyfish. Saturday the water was lousy with them as well. Everyone says the good stuff is in the water, but so far my best finds have been up on the dry with my Cutlass II and cleansweep coil.

Hopefully we can get up and try that one site sometime. I think we might have to wait until after hunting season though.

Panty hose will keep those jellies off you or a wet suit I might be at the park this weekend as they are releasing the butterflies from the house Saturday and might attend

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GrayCloud said:
Bridge, I know what you mean. I too have a quest that I have been working on for about ten years. Access has been given and I too, have located the spot the old house set on. :thumbsup:

Good luck my brother also, I am slowly just working a grid out digging everything in all metal mode. Nothing but trash, some iron, and some 70s clad here and there. maybe it is here maybe it isn't but I am sure getting a workout after it. Besides snakes taste like chicken anyway :0)

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Bridge, I am sure you remember Old Tensas. He was the the only one that could hang with you on the Bayou Hunt. He is my regular hunting partner and will be with me on this project. No quit in him or me. Some detector, years from now, will probably find our bones, knives, probes, diggers and detectors. Hope they don't find my Gold. :dontknow:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
GrayCloud said:
Bridge, I am sure you remember Old Tensas. He was the the only one that could hang with you on the Bayou Hunt. He is my regular hunting partner and will be with me on this project. No quit in him or me. Some detector, years from now, will probably find our bones, knives, probes, diggers and detectors. Hope they don't find my Gold. :dontknow:

yes I remember shake my brother's hand for me. you all will find the gold, I have faith in it.

speedster

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this entire thread and was wondering if anybody ever found anything. I am new to treasure hunting and live not far from the area. Just wondering.

Jside

Nov 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found some pottery underneath an old rotten stump.there are some eagle symbols,"Italia 1752" logos,"C.Palli &Figili" text,"Voughera" text,and sets of numbers.Email me if you wana help!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved back to the panhandle ,would not mind checking into it. I have a small boat also.

Historical diggers

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2017
GA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB CTX 3030 / AT PRO ./ AT GOLD FOR RIVERS AND CREEKS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I ALSO HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD INSIGHT ON THE HENERY NUNEZ CASE . THE LOCATION OF HIS HOUSE IS WAY OFF .. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE WE CAN EXCHANGE INFORMATION IVE BEEN THERE A FEW TIMES AND DID FIND SOMETHING AMAZING

Historical diggers

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2017
GA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB CTX 3030 / AT PRO ./ AT GOLD FOR RIVERS AND CREEKS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
have you checked out this location yet

CallB4UDig

Sep 15, 2018
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I researched this legend about 8 years ago when I lived here, and only just moved back. At the time, I only did minimal hunting before I had to move out of town. I live just several miles from the location.

I have some relevant information that I have not seen posted in this thread. Is anyone still actively working this? Would love to chat with anyone who has worked on this case....

wcowan

May 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started to look into all this, anyone looking at going to poke around? Have a pontoon boat that we can use to access parts of the river... I am also looking into the railroad bill stuff (the train robber between Bay Minette and Atmore) legends say its in a Cave, odds are if he was setting up in a cave water would need to be near by. there are 3-4 spots on the old L&N Rail that have water around them. Plan to check them out over the next few weeks

Last edited:

mychanh

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever heard of "Carpenter's Ferry," on the Perdido River? I came across the name in a May 23, 1828 obituary in the newspaper called the "Pensacola Gazette and Florida Advertiser."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread