Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You TnMountians.
Well Folks, it has been several months of difficulty. Both my wife came down with the covid, and spent at least two months in the hospital and advanced care. At the same both of us had a brother that passed away from this terrible affliction. We were both on oxygen, but I am slowly getting off of the concentrators. There was not much time at the time to let every one know, Please forgive me.

Old Digger

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank You TnMountians.
Well Folks, it has been several months of difficulty. Both my wife came down with the covid, and spent at least two months in the hospital and advanced care. At the same both of us had a brother that passed away from this terrible affliction. We were both on oxygen, but I am slowly getting off of the concentrators. There was not much time at the time to let every one know, Please forgive me.

Old Digger
Condolences to you and your wife old digger, for your losses.
Good to hear that you are doing better and starting to come back from this hard event.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you and wife are recovering. That virus tried to kill me two years ago this month. My sense of smell has never recovered fully and my breathing is still compromised, I wish you speedy, full recovery! A shame so many folks on this site refused to believe the danger for so long.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you and wife are recovering. That virus tried to kill me two years ago this month. My sense of smell has never recovered fully and my breathing is still compromised, I wish you speedy, full recovery! A shame so many folks on this site refused to believe the danger for so long.

Beings that my lungs are still compromised, I have this unstoppable cough. I went on line and found out that it is a after effect of the virus. The cough is triggered by nerve cells in your throat, that when triggered send out impulses that create a "zing" feeling in your throat causing you to cough nonstop all day. Dr. has given me some medicine to calm down those nerve impulses, and it does help out. Be Safe!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beings that my lungs are still compromised, I have this unstoppable cough. I went on line and found out that it is a after effect of the virus. The cough is triggered by nerve cells in your throat, that when triggered send out impulses that create a "zing" feeling in your throat causing you to cough nonstop all day. Dr. has given me some medicine to calm down those nerve impulses, and it does help out. Be Safe!
I was vaxxed twice, boosted once and still got the virus January 14th of this year. The only symptoms I had were the same as a mild cold and lasted about a week. Then the long term effects began. I had the same bad cough as you described and no energy at all.
I finally went to my doctor and he gave me a sample inhaler called Breztri. It still took about 3 weeks but my cough has gotten much better and I can get out and do yard work for about an hour before having to take a break. Before this I could work all day.
The doctor said this is uncharted territory and no one really knows how long these after effects will last.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
watch out for all the "good" prescription cough meds too... they work great but there is a reason they are script only!

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know you, but I’m very sorry for your family’s loss and hardships. Unfortunately many people were hit suddenly with loss during these two years.

On a separate topic - wow. Look forward the the days when we get past all this. It cannot persist like this without negative repercussions to our society. EOM

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolences to you and your family for your loss. Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread