What's new

It was a gift

rickertmork

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
371
Reaction score
740
Golden Thread
0
Some old dude gave this to me a few years back, he’s a goner now. I couldn’t pinpoint the exact year. Someone told me it was worth 600, anyone know of anything I can spray down the barrels for a clean. I don’t think i would ever use it. He gave it to me because his family is uncomfortable around weapons which is pretty funny if you ask me. I would appreciate any sort of info.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8018.webp
    IMG_8018.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8019.webp
    IMG_8019.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8020.webp
    IMG_8020.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8021.webp
    IMG_8021.webp
    794.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8022.webp
    IMG_8022.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8023.webp
    IMG_8023.webp
    953.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8024.webp
    IMG_8024.webp
    750 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8025.webp
    IMG_8025.webp
    655.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8026.webp
    IMG_8026.webp
    629.1 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 6
You'll need to know what gauge it is to buy a brush.
An oiled bronze bore brush appears to be in order. The right jag with 0000 steel wool could substitute but a brush isn't expensive.
Once the rust is removed a proper bore mop and lightly oiling it is in order.
Same with exterior.
Store it standing on a piece of waxed paper on top of a card or piece of cardboard muzzle down so oil isn't running into the breech.

Don't transfer rust from bore to the rest of the gun. Or to other metal.
Follow precautions for using solvents.

1781764859314.webp


1781764951980.webp
 
You'll need to know what gauge it is to buy a brush.
An oiled bronze bore brush appears to be in order. The right jag with 0000 steel wool could substitute but a brush isn't expensive.
Once the rust is removed a proper bore mop and lightly oiling it is in order.
Same with exterior.
Store it standing on a piece of waxed paper on top of a card or piece of cardboard muzzle down so oil isn't running into the breech.

Don't transfer rust from bore to the rest of the gun. Or to other metal.
Follow precautions for using solvents.

View attachment 2257167

View attachment 2257168
That’s alot to add to
My to do list, I’ve been rubbing it with a Lyle bit of clp oil.
 
You'll need to know what gauge it is to buy a brush.
An oiled bronze bore brush appears to be in order. The right jag with 0000 steel wool could substitute but a brush isn't expensive.
Once the rust is removed a proper bore mop and lightly oiling it is in order.
Same with exterior.
Store it standing on a piece of waxed paper on top of a card or piece of cardboard muzzle down so oil isn't running into the breech.

Don't transfer rust from bore to the rest of the gun. Or to other metal.
Follow precautions for using solvents.

View attachment 2257167

View attachment 2257168
Don't everyone have these brush's and cleaing supplies for their weapons ?? & what a great gift it is !! I had a similar gift from my kneibhor many years back of a single barrel 12 gauge . I used it Turkey hunting for years BUT it's gone now with lots of my memories !
 
Last edited:
Don't everyone have these brush's and cleaing supplies for their weapons ?? & what a great gift it is !! I had a similar gift from my kneibhor many years back of a single barrel 12 gauge . I used it Turkey hunting for years BUT it's gone now with lots of my memories !
Is the brush for cleaning carbon buildup? Or rust? What if I used it in a rifled barrel?
 
Last edited:
Nice old Shotgun !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom