Updated / Cleaned-up and Rearranged "Shop Shelf"

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since these are not under glass (and not worthy of it either), they get pretty dusty and buggy over the years. I cleaned them up and rearranged them recently. No G-10's but a lot of surface finds from Elmore, Coosa and Tallapoosa counties in Alabama represented here. I have enough fragments to make 2-3 more similar displays like this.

DSCN2125.JPG

Upvote 0

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Updated / Cleaned-up and Rearranged "Shop Shelf"

The 6 X 12 frame with the blue background I refer to as my posthumous frame. These were gifted to me by friends that are now deceased. The 8 1/2 X 12 frame with the red background are all personal finds.

View attachment 1884146 View attachment 1884148

The field of blue...-profound!

Your personal finds frame has a stunner in the center. I’m guessing you’d call it a Morrow Mountain Variety. Reminds me of our Stark Type.

Grandpa would have been chasing me out of that workshop when I was a little one. I just could Not, Not touch.

OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The field of blue...-profound!

Your personal finds frame has a stunner in the center. I’m guessing you’d call it a Morrow Mountain Variety. Reminds me of our Stark Type.

Grandpa would have been chasing me out of that workshop when I was a little one. I just could Not, Not touch.

We do find MM's here and the centerpiece is similar to a MM but much smaller and delicate than any I've seen. Plus, the stem is sharply pointed. I've only found one other and the tip is missing on it. I really don't know what to call them except contracting stemmed arrow points--which occur much later than Morrow Mountains. Thanks for the compliment and your interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread