IAMZIM
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 23, 2011
- Messages
- 1,567
- Reaction score
- 2,161
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Butte City, Montana
- Detector(s) used
- ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I could use some expert advice!!! Ive been panning gold recently and found a glob of mercury in the bottom of my pan. I realize it has sucked up a bunch of my gold!
I have NEVER had the desire or have ever thought to use mercury, i do not want to mess with it AT ALL!!! But its got my gold!!! What should i do? I know nothing about retorting mercury or messing with it at all, but i want my gold back lol! Any good advice would be greatly appreciated!!! I am also worried about finding more when i go back to get more material to pan....Am I in any danger from this stuff? Should i wear gloves and a mask when im out there getting my material? What would you do?
Here is a pic of some more mercury i have found, Thanks all very much for the advice on this, im going camping this comming weekend and i think im going to try the potato. Ill feed it to my neighbors dog cause it barks all night....."Just kidding" 
Attachments
Upvote
0
Mercury in my pan?!?!?
potato bs is a pain-keep it simple and stupidly easy=KISS=always best. Just buy a small heavy metal camp cup for all mercury use and NOTHING ELSE. A hot briquette,camp fire,gas,lighter fuel in a half a coke can and instant gold--go upwind and reap the rewards-John







