Upgrading Ace 350 so is Pro or Gold

craigd1974

Jan 16, 2013
Not sure what to do, AT PRO or ATGOLD both similar but both different. I do not live near saltwater but do vacation to the ocean. I live in Il and could use the prospecting part of the gold and love the waterproof part of both for the fresh water lakes in my area. So is it a big difference to take one over the other I know they say the gold doesnt do well in salt water but the pro will do fine ? So is thzt something to worry about for 2 weeks out of the yr ?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use the gold on the dry sand, at the beach, but in wet sand and saltwater it won't work well..

If you are going prospecting for micro gold (less than 1/2 gram ) then At Gold is a better choice. If you are just looking for jewelry, them the saltwater capability of the At Pro might be a better choice.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an AT Gold so I am biased. Performance is similar to the ATP when in DISC 1 on the ATG, but then you have All Metal mode which goes deeper. If it's not too trashy you can listen for good sounding targets (faint, narrow, round, sharp, etc.) and watch the target ID then check with Iron Audio. The super deep ones are not going to accurately id, but you get an idea of what is there. Dig a few inches then recheck. This is great for areas where good targets have been recovered and you want to get the super deep ones other machines have missed. What I've heard it goes as deep as the high priced units even with the 5x 8 coil. It's not just because it goes deep, it has fast recovery speed and great target separation, Hi-Res iron discrimination, Iron Audio, etc., and stuff they don't even tell you about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread