Urinal Coin Hunting

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't help but notice a handful of change in the bottom of the urinal during a pit stop the other day. My question is this: what would have to be down there to make it worth while to fish it out?
A wheat?
Indian head?
VDB on the reverse?
How about a 31-S?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475786156.287899.jpg

Upvote 0
I aint scared. If it was an IHC or a silver dime, I would be on it, like a duck on a junebug!

I would leave the janitor 's tip there.

only a 1943 copper wheatie would even tempt me..

Last edited:
They have soap and water right behind you at the sink. Get in there and get it.

Yeah guys, c'mon! You ALL did nastier stuff than that when you were much, MUCH younger!! :laughing7:

I'm with KK on this one - the sink and soap are right close by. Only thing is, I would first make certain there IS soap!! If you have any reservations, simply flush 2-3 times. That's fresh, city water that'll be running over the coins rinsing the bulk of that "icky" stuff away. :icon_thumright:

had to click on this thread just to see what could possibly be in here... great pic! lol too funny

Back in the day, I used to frequent bars, different ones, just to see what's up....
The urinal had 3 pennies in it, I fished them out like a champ....yes, washed my hands and all that....
So I'm at the bar, I overhear a regular, gabbing about the pennies, where did they go?.... From what I heard, they were in there for years....
I slinked out of there, never to return.

I'm with smalltownfisherman on this as any cuts on you could introduce whatever diseases people have to you before you got to the sink to wash. I agree get it, but with gloves on and wash off the coins in the sink with soap and water without dropping them and keeping the gloves on during that time. After the coins are cleaned then take of the gloves and discard them before cleaning your own hands.

So tell us Baddbluff, did you get the coins and if so how did you handle it and what was the treasure you found?

I didn't see anything good in there, but if I had seen wheat ears, that coin would be in my Whitman folder right now.

The coins all look to have the P mint mark

lmao, we're all grown ups here, and done nastier things with your mouths behind closed doors with the old lady. Here we have people saying they wont reach down and pick out a silver dime, quarter, or even a IHC, with their hand....

lmao, we're all grown ups here, and done nastier things with your mouths behind closed doors with the old lady. Here we have people saying they wont reach down and pick out a silver dime, quarter, or even a IHC, with their hand....

I disagree. There are young people and old on this forum and statements like this aren't necessary. Please remember that this is a public forum, not your private "bedroom".

Bad form all the way around - Need a dislike button -

"treasure hunting" takes on a whole new meaning when your toilet diving.

Be careful... those coins might just be "holding" something down.

And I doubt it would be a snickers bar. :P

I would not go for those pennies but i would indeed go for a ring. Just flush it several times for a good rinse then grab the item and head to the sink.

It would need to be at least a $20 bill!
btw I always have rubber gloves with me, just in case!
But I would never see it, don't go to public bathrooms.
So don't be digging around that tree without the gloves on! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back