What's new

US Buckle from Wednesday!

WhiteCountyPaleo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
546
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
US Civil War Buckle from Wednesday!

These were found in a farm field north of Buffalo Indiana at a plowed house site. A buddy that was with me also picked up a silver spoon. I also found another axe that was a tad smaller. What a day!

Buckle.webp
Buckle2.webp
Indian Head.webp
Axe.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 11
That buckle is in pretty good shape

Scouts out!
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds WhiteCountyPaleo!
 
Great find! Congrats and HH!
 
Great relic , on my wish list but it would take a miracle to get one this far North ,

Congrats

:hello2: dawg
 
Nice score , is there a back mark on the buckle?
 
Nice finds.. Congrat..
 
stunning buckle whether it be Civil War or Indian Ward period. Also, easily repairable. Congratulations...
 
Very nice buckle! I'd get it restored and wear it!

And put a handle on that axe head. I found one years ago. Knocked off the rust, put a handle and an edge on it. Nicest axe I ever had in my hands...

DCMatt
 
Great stuff! Do you eyeball or detect for your finds?

That is a beautiful buckle. It's getting hard to find any with that nice patina on them anymore.

BIG Congrats,


Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom