wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early US Eagle Sword Belt Plate - Scarce Variety

Also posted in "what is it forum". I was completely satisfied with just the late 1800's Indian Head penny and was about to call it a day when I said I'll dig once more. Dug this 'bent' eagle belt plate....after digging up scrap iron earlier when I got this signal I said out loud "I sure hope this will be an eagle on it".......wholly molly and it was! Really sparse area I've hunted before with not much luck at all....now it's my favorite spot! eagle 3.jpgeagle 5.jpgeagle6.jpgeagle 1.JPgeagle 2.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 14
That is a very nice find! Thank you for sharing.

Nice plate, are you thinking of getting it straightened?

Congrats! awesome find!! Looks like great one to get straightened. HH!

I'd consider getting it straighten IF I knew it can be done professionally! I am looking for answers as to who can do this. If not I'll keep it as-is.

Bring it back to me. I have a really god vice in the shop. I'll sandwich it between some plywood so the jaws won't scratch it!

Killer find

thank you Buckle Boy! This is exactly the info I wanted to hear!

Killer find bud! And that thing will be perfect when it's done. Everything I've seen that guy work on yields and incredible result

thank you ALL for the kind compliments!

Congrats on a great plate! I am usually not big on altering relics from "found condition." But if ever there was a good candidate, this one is . . .

Congrats on a great plate! I am usually not big on altering relics from "found condition." But if ever there was a good candidate, this one is . . .
I agree,its a officers plate to boot.very nice find,congrats

Congrats on the plate man, good luck on restoring it if you decide to go that route:thumbsup:

Awesome recovery! Still looking for my 1st!!!

That is a banner! So much history connected to that item, on the top of any digger's bucket list. I wish I lived where there were some battles, there are some 1812 battles way up north in my state but no where close to me. I'm voting for this to be on the top.

Congrats, Coinman123,

That's a great find, thanks for sharing it with us

Thank you coinman (and you other guys also), I'll accept a banner If people would like to vote me - and it will be my first banner! Like you said, living closer to battle areas are what I've desired also, which makes my find even more rare to me because it was found here in a south Georgia cotton field nowhere near a known battle!!! I've not heard of any eagle plates found around these parts....

Last edited:
Oh NO ! Man that's history and its suppose to be that way then again whom am I to tell you what to do with it , either way its a nice find and straight or bent makes no difference .vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back