What's new

US Mint Part II

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of you guys and gals buy products from the US Mint? Just wondering. :icon_scratch:

I bit the bullet and bought 4 rolls of the 2010 cents, on the list for a 2010 set of silver quarters, and a silver 2010 dollar (on the latter two, not sure when those will be a reality).

Gonna keep them in their original packaging with US Mint mailed envelope.

Any suggestions on what should be purchased in the near future from the Mint? A veteran suggested to purchase silver coinage rather than silver proof coins due to the lower mintage on the former rather than the latter.

apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
I've been an off / on regular mint purchaser of a proof coins / commemoratives / coin sets.
Still in the packing with the COA.
Whether or not they've increased in value, well, your guess is as good as mine.
eBay has been iffy on the pricing of what I have so far.
So, . . . I'm just storing them for now.

Anyone else with any other thoughts?
 
I've been a collector of many things.Old things mostly, because I'm a history buff. Also enjoy looking at other peoples collections.
If you are buying collector coins from the mint as an investment, in my opinion you are throwing your money away,because of the state of the economy.
If you are buying just because you enjoy coins as a hobby and are not looking for a return then it is worth purchasing from the mint.
HH
Rich
 
I purchase Silver Eagles and Comm. Coins from the US mint. I was lucky because several of the coins I bought over the years have tripled(Lincoln Cronicles)(20th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set) in value even though I bought them for their beauty. Always keep coins in the original packaging with COA and in a safe clean place. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom