What's new

USA Button

The_Rake

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Well this is my first posting. I'm a member of a detecting group in NJ and on a dig in PA I found this USA button. It is only the third one ever found. It is currently in a Chapel Museum and archeoligist are pretty excited about it. Been only detecting a couple of years and I dig "everything". Beginners.....don't quit. Good luck to all.
 

Attachments

  • !!1ndexCATJYMJB.webp
    !!1ndexCATJYMJB.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,383
  • !!2ndexCAFC5WW6.webp
    !!2ndexCAFC5WW6.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,375
Upvote 0
Well don't i look silly. wooptie woop.
 
The date looks like 1777. Is that correct?
 
HolyDiver said:
The date looks like 1777. Is that correct?
Yes it is....it has been verified by experts (Troani (Button Book) and Temple University Experts
 
The_Rake said:
HolyDiver said:
The date looks like 1777. Is that correct?
Yes it is....it has been verified by experts (Troani (Button Book) and Temple University Experts

Didn't need an expert for that one, I know its right, so do many on here. Excellent find.
 
There was a USA button that sold at Stacks Americana Sale for $3,750 hammer price lot # 7214. Must have been a more common type than the one you have posted. Great find! Hogge
 
Very nice job on the 1777 USA button! Fantastic find! :thumbsup: I believe that deserves to be on the BANNER! :thumbsup:
 
Nice to see another rare one come out of the dirt. Well done. 8)
 
Very incredible find! Congrats. Please post more of your digs... :thumbsup: jgas
 
Fantastic find! Even if it was a common button I would be happy. To find one that is one of 4 known is tremendous!

Congrats again,
Neil
 
Super awesome find :thumbsup:Congrats to you on a great hunt, and a fantastic find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I say BANNER on that one ;D

G1
 
Pretty awesome find and if only early buttons had the value of early coins you'd likely be posting the pic from a beach somewhere.
 
:thumbsup: Wow, Incredible find! :thumbsup: Congratulations!

Steve
 
SUPER BUTTON. CONGRATS. :thumbsup:
 
That is beautiful!!!! Nice dig!!! HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom