Used my Christmas money to hunt, interesting day, counter shorted me

wildwill2002

Oct 23, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a $500 check from my dad for Christmas and of course the first thing I do with it is cash it out for a box of quarters. I know quarters are considered a waste of time but I wanted to try them at least once in my life. I got skunked and dumped them in my local bank's coin counter. It counted it exactly right which never happens with dimes. Later, I got two boxes of dimes, and come out with three Roosies. I replaced the three dimes with my pocket change and dumped at the same bank (my town only has two coin counters I can use and one of them is a bank I buy dimes from). I got shorted $10 and I mention it to the teller. Sure enough, they look in the penny bag and see a bunch of dimes so they just give me $500.

I got another two boxes and found another 5 Roosies and replaced them and dumped them. When I got to the bank a woman was dumping about $350 in various coins. The machine was out and an employee was helping so they could replace the bags as it counted. While the employee wasn't looking though, I witnessed the woman reach into the bag of dollar coins and grab all she could and place them bank into the counter :o. I didn't say anything though and proceeded to dump my coins. When I am shorted $10 again I mention it and they give me an attitude and say "You did that again?" so they "test" the machine by dumping exactly one roll of each denomination. It counts it right so they tell me this time to write my info down so they can count the coins and verify the total in a couple of days. I was worried that the miscounted dollar coins would cancel out my shorted dimes so I told them about the woman's actions and they tell me that each customer's count is separate from the next and that I will get the correct total. Before I leave they tell me I can no longer buy from their other branch and dump at theirs anymore (Why they knew I bought dimes at their other branch I don't know). I said okay but I have no intentions of stopping because if they try and stop me from either a) taking out coins at one branch or b)dumping at their branch I will raise hell and then close my account, which sucks because I only have one other bank for buying coins and they don't always have what I'm looking for and I also can't dump anywhere else unless I move 50 ft east so I can be in my Credit Union's city limits

Upvote 0

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
rinse, wash, repeat! :headbang:

But you may want to be a little more careful with your dumping frequency due to limited dump banks with ccs

F

Farchaus2k

Courtesy will get you much farther than "raising hell" in this game. If you know the machine is shorting you, then don't use it. Get in, get out, be nice. Always works for me.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
You need another bank or two in the mix !

That way, you can order from Bank A and dump at bank B without ever taking coin from one branch to another. Just takes a little planning.

Keep on Rollin' !

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farchaus2k said:
Courtesy will get you much farther than "raising hell" in this game. If you know the machine is shorting you, then don't use it. Get in, get out, be nice. Always works for me.
Agreed.
Seems a little silly to be dumping more than once a day at the same bank.
I have 3 different regular dump banks, and use other branches while I travel for work on an irregular basis. None of the banks have counting machines, but you can bet that if one shorted me once, that would be the last time I use it.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Stang1968 said:
Farchaus2k said:
Agreed.
Seems a little silly to be dumping more than once a day at the same bank.
I have 3 different regular dump banks, and use other branches while I travel for work on an irregular basis. None of the banks have counting machines, but you can bet that if one shorted me once, that would be the last time I use it.

I have a bank that I am not a member at that will order me Halves. They were low on dimes yesterday so I grabbed some dimes from one branch, picked them over, took them to the branch that was short and made their day, they didnt have to order any.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comments about the woman stealing dollar coins?

I would have pointed it out to the bank employees then and there. I despise a thief.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions