What's new

Used older (blue) Excal 800 for sale

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,448
Reaction score
3,341
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy at work said he wants to sell his Excal 800! Have not seen it yet but the unit is apparently in great shape and has an extra battery! I'm wanting it for a back up just in case my Excal 2 (now 1 1/2 yr old) needs repairs. Well I'm not sure what price I should offer?? I'm hoping somewhere around 6 to 7 hundred. Anyone with experience buying used Excal's could give me a starting point or tips on negotiations.


Thanks SnT
 
Upvote 0
Remember when offering a price for the unit that the warranty is over and some of the older units, Minelab no longer works on them if they break.
 
Howdy S&T,

If the unit is in good shape, anything $800 or less would be a great buy! You MAY be using the Excal II as a back-up once you run an Irish unit. They don't make 'em like they used to friend.
GH

surfnturf said:
A guy at work said he wants to sell his Excal 800! Have not seen it yet but the unit is apparently in great shape and has an extra battery! I'm wanting it for a back up just in case my Excal 2 (now 1 1/2 yr old) needs repairs. Well I'm not sure what price I should offer?? I'm hoping somewhere around 6 to 7 hundred. Anyone with experience buying used Excal's could give me a starting point or tips on negotiations.


Thanks SnT
 
I agree with GH, nothing like the older units...with the price of Gold up it's hard to nail a used heater for less then 650...I would start at 600, no more then 750...being a eight inch he may be thinking it's worth less, but really they are just as deadly. So push the fact it's a eight. If she got the old Blue HP's, you can figure she is about 8 to 10 years old so you may want to point that out, if she has the yellows, I'm guessing they came in around 04, correct me if I'm wrong on this guys. Best time to get a used is during the winter but at your pace of hitting the gold, dropping 750 is like a days detecting for you...and the little eights kick...Good Luck...and if you get her change out the head phones for the Peltors...it's like turning the light switch off to the outside noise wearing them.
 
Thanks all,
Great input!! I'm ready to pull the trigger! Really good to Know the selling points, I'm gonna bring cash and start on 600 see how it rolls! If it happens I'll post some picks! Thanks again! Oh ya Old B NUT I feel the love!!! Things here have slowed a bit we need a storm for the old faithful, however It has forced me to research new spots! Hope you all have a GREAT summer! HH!

SnT
 
I would hit him with 400 cash and see what happens. Sometimes people just want to down size or get things out of their way.
 
Very few are getting good money for anything these days. Not a lot of spare cash around lately. Birdman is right on. If it is in good shape offer $400.

Check the internet, eBay, TNET for other Excal sold to get an idea what it is worth.

Ed D.
 
Yeah, offer $400. Don't start out on the high side like some of these guys are suggesting.

One thing I was always taught about negotiating is to let the other person always make the first offer. I have had items I would have offered $100 on to start the ball rolling and the seller comes back with $10. SOLD!

Remember, you can always raise your offer. You can't lower it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom