All Treasure Hunting

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS's are like metal detectors. You can spend as little or as much as you want. I found a used Garmin on Craigslist for $30.00 that does all that i need it to do. I can't even tell you the model. I find what looks like a desireable place on flash earth, make notes of the grid coordinates. When you actually get there it almost always looks different than it did in an aerial photo. But with the GPS, you can go to the exact spot (plus or minus a few yards) that you intended. The one I have is probably 8 - 10 years old, takes 4 AA batteries and does the job. I carry it in the truck and if while traveling I see a likely spot, I tell it to remember a spot. Then when I can get to a computer, I do the opposite. I then find it on flash earth and see what else is there that may enhance my earlier thoughts.

Good Luck!!

Bob

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
RJGMC said:
GPS's are like metal detectors. You can spend as little or as much as you want. I found a used Garmin on Craigslist for $30.00 that does all that i need it to do. I can't even tell you the model. I find what looks like a desireable place on flash earth, make notes of the grid coordinates. When you actually get there it almost always looks different than it did in an aerial photo. But with the GPS, you can go to the exact spot (plus or minus a few yards) that you intended. The one I have is probably 8 - 10 years old, takes 4 AA batteries and does the job. I carry it in the truck and if while traveling I see a likely spot, I tell it to remember a spot. Then when I can get to a computer, I do the opposite. I then find it on flash earth and see what else is there that may enhance my earlier thoughts.

Good Luck!!

Bob

Bob is correct, you can pay any amount--I have a Garmin GPS12--brought brand new at a yard sale with the original batteries still in it, box, manual and all for $5.00 (retail was $129). It has more than what I really need, 100 way points, gives and takes coordinates and more but was well worth the price. Main thing is it will always get you back to where you started with is the main point and always find somewhere you were before if you want to save it.
Just search around this spring at yard & garage sales, flea markets and you will find a good new/used one for a good price.
Minstrel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions