gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed that a user was ignored, so I went into my settings and saw that I had three members ignored. I never added anyone to the ignore list. How can that be? I have removed the three so now they are no longer ignored. It seems a bit strange, I never put anyone on ignore because first of all I didn't know how to do it, and I never wanted to. Just strange. Can this be done by accident by a stray click in the normal subject page?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you can read this. :D

Ignoring a user is as easy as an errant click, I tried it on a former user to see how the system worked. I think there should be a second step.......such as "You have chosen to ignore user x, press yes or no".

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
You may have meant to send them a PM, or even view their profile and accidentally clicked on the Ignore User button which is right beside.

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
And now, introducing the latest Tnet Dumbass of the Month Award Winner: gleaner1

Thank you everyone! I love you all and rest assured I am feverishly working on making this award again as soon as possible.
Thanks to all, gleaner 1

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It seemed a bit weird because I could see the notification that the ignor-ee's reply was ignored, yet, I the ignor-er could click on the dialog box announcing that the user was ingnored and actually bring up and read the ignored message from the ignored member. I'm feeling a bit tired.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
I could see the notification that the ignor-ee's reply was ignored, yet, I the ignor-er could click on the dialog box announcing that the user was ingnored and actually bring up and read the ignored message from the ignored member.

What did he Say ? :laughing9:

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
gleaner1 said:
I could see the notification that the ignor-ee's reply was ignored, yet, I the ignor-er could click on the dialog box announcing that the user was ingnored and actually bring up and read the ignored message from the ignored member.

What did he Say ? :laughing9:

I don't really remember what he said but it was always a positive friendly statement about the posted subject. It was DigginThePast of all people, a moderator, that I was ignoring. So DigginThePast was poppin up all over the place with a post right after mine and I see "user is currently ignored", he was shaking my tree a bit. This freaked me out so I got diggin and figured it all out I think. I still am not sure what's going on, being able to read the ignored message and all. I dont know how an ignored user knows he's being ignored or how he knows who the ignorer is but I'm just gonna ignore the whole thing and move on I guess. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread