USGS Circular "ASSESSMENT OF UNDISCOVERED DEPOSITS OF GOLD, SILVER, ....."

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USGS Circular #1178

"ASSESSMENT OF UNDISCOVERED DEPOSITS OF GOLD, SILVER, COPPER, LEAD, AND ZINC IN THE UNITED STATES"

I don't know how many of you have seen this circular, but it is very interesting, and should be read by anybody interested in the subject of mining and prospecting. It is the USGS "Best Guess" (based on their databases of scientific testing and historical documentation) as to what is left to find (up to 1 kilometer in depth) of the five most valuable mineral assets in the United States (Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead, and Zinc). It is also insanely long (2179 pages), and at 28 megabytes, it looks like it would be too large a file to post here. So, I will provide a link to the circular:

pubs.usgs.gov of 2002 of02 198 1_NATIONAL_ASSESSMENT.PDF.jpeg

USGS Circular# 1178

Enjoy - Mike

Last edited:

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just going through that. Holy crap.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike,

Thank you for the heads up. It will be interesting to cross reference this against both the current and proposed wilderness areas.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,

Thank you for the heads up. It will be interesting to cross reference this against both the current and proposed wilderness areas.

HAHAHA THAT is one of the reason I posted it. Some very interesting things in some of those charts and graphs!

MIke

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Mike, thanks for posting this. First look at this and what an eye opener of data!!

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quick tidbit I immediately saw when I went through it:

Notice that the Feds have been trying to take the public land away from the public in New Mexico/Texas along the Rio Grande, from the border to Santa Fe. Notice on the maps where most of the "Gold in Porphiry" and "Silver" deposits are!

MIke

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread