Using a long box with no riffles

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
I use a 6'x18"x8" long box as a pre-soaker box to soften the dirt to release the gold before it goes through the high banker....I use large rocks throughout the length of the long box to regulate the flow of the water as seen in the photos.....this is near Lynx Creek in the Bradshaws....

photos by

db

Attachments

• db\'s photos 178.jpg
    db\'s photos 178.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 832
  • db\'s photos 177.jpg
    db\'s photos 177.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 809
  • db\'s photos 176.jpg
    db\'s photos 176.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 821

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never seen a set up like that ,hows it do?

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
works great........the longer you can soak the dry dirt the better chances you have in recovery, I use a pan at the end to see what falls out of the high banker....... I never find excess in the pan now that I use the long pre-soak-er box, it greatly increased gold volume found for same quantity of dirt dug.
I bent the aluminum box to best suit my needs.....

db

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
The long box dumps into the back of the high banker, the receiving side or back side of the high banker has a built in classifier this allows all material less than 1/2 inch to flow through to the lower level and kicks out all larger material off the back side..... By having the long box before the high banker this allows me to dump 5 gallon buckets of dirt in at once with out over loading the system.....

db

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey danb. Did you bend this metal yourself? I have been reserching stuff like this. works like a long tom.Eh? This is just cool!

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
yes, I do bend my own boxes....I also have 4'x10"x8" boxes that can be hooked up in a series......kind of overlapping into each other......db

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
here are a few pictures of the longer boxes......first box is 4' long, second box is 8' long and the third box is 12' long...,depending on the flow volume, dictates riffle and screen size and placement.....

good luck...HH

db

Attachments

• Las Vegas and Slate creek 279.jpg
    Las Vegas and Slate creek 279.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 563
  • Las Vegas and Slate creek 278.jpg
    Las Vegas and Slate creek 278.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 567

UINTAEXPLORER

Apr 21, 2010
HIGH UINTA MTNS,UTAH
COOL shots
Ive had to do this with material that was real condensed mud it breaks it up nice,only it would flow into the hopper after that for classification. down into the main sluice...nice work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread