What's new

Using Plasti Dip

SurgTech57

Full Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
223
Reaction score
102
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was wondering if anyone has ever used Plasti Dip over their metal detectors coil and coil cover to keep sand,salt,etc off the coil, and if so did it affect the the performance of the metal detector at all?
 
I Personally would never seal a coil with anything but a removable, Cleanable Coil Cover.

I don't want a false sense of security, If something were to sneak in
and Build up. . Like very fine Iron Dust
 
I was thinking of fulling dipping the coil after cleaning and drying. That done I don't think anything could get in. My concern leans more towards the Plasti Dip effecting the machines ability to detect.
 
the only thing that would effect the coils ability to detect would be metal.

I'm not familiar with Plasti Dip. But the Name doesn't suggest it is made of Lead
or
other metal so there should be no Problem till a Bubble or Crack forms and Iron based dust slips in
 
Plastidip will not hurt it and it can be peeled off easily.
 
I’ve used it on my old Tesoro and hunting the fields and hills I do it sure helped. I’ve had coils crack even with a cover on so the plasti-dip helped
 
Only thing I've ever used was (no metal) spray-on bedliner on the bottom of a cheap machine's coil that didn't have a coil cover to begin with. Put it on as heavy as you want- refresh often.
 
Thank you everyone! I've decided to try the Plasti Dip for next season since it seems to not affect the metal detector by adding it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom