cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered something from Michigan one week ago and the seller swears she mailed it on monday. I have priority tracking number and it still shows Pre-Shipment. Has anyone received a package while the label showed pre-shipment?

Now my facebook question. In the message page, messages keep disappearing. I go on marketplace and ask a question about an item and the question turns into a message and shows up in the page. Sometimes they stay and sometimes they vanish. What am I doing wrong or is this just another facebook mystery? Now if the person I sent the message answer me the whole thing comes back.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Lately My Coffee Orders Don't Show anything But Pre Shipment till they are at my Post Office and Out for Delivery :(

Very Frustrating

DHL Is the Worst, they ship my packages out of state for 2 weeks Then deliver it to My post office.
as per DHL Tracking.

I (& Most likely Others) Complained So Much, They dumped DHL .
It is Faster now but Still USPS Does not Pipe In till It is Received by my Post Office.
Till then USPS Tracking Simply says Waiting for Package

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Lately My Coffee Orders Don't Show anything But Pre Shipment till they are at my Post Office and Out for Delivery
Thanks, So the only USPS workers that do their jobs correctly are your local post office ones. Probably because they know you can go directly to their boss. All the others can and do remain anonymous the entire trip of the package.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, So the only USPS workers that do their jobs correctly are your local post office ones. Probably because they know you can go directly to their boss. All the others can and do remain anonymous the entire trip of the package.

Actually I think USPS Is not doing their own Shipping anymore.
It at least appears to me Secondary Shipping sources Pick up the Items and Notify USPS to Expect it.
But these Secondary Shipping Services are Not as Conscientious, Or do Not have as many Workers To ship all directions.
So USPS Sits for Days & weeks till someone Brings the Packages there way.

& in the case of DHL I am out of their Way, so the Packages sit in a Maryland warehouse Till they have a driver heading my direction to swing by my Post office.

In other words it's not USPS that's holding Back.
They aren't getting Updates either

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Right now the postal service has its head up its...I have a package sitting in my mailbox and its been there three days now and no one has picked it up.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Right now the postal service has its head up its...I have a package sitting in my mailbox and its been there three days now and no one has picked it up.

porch pirates might though.
did you do that schedule a pick up crap?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
USPS has always been overwhelmed this time of year due to increased volume. The cost cutting measures that were recently implemented created the perfect storm that caused even more delay.

The secondary carrier situation is a joke. Companies sell "economy" shipping, collect the package, ship it thought their system without any priority at all, & then hand it off to USPS for final delivery because it's cheaper....& USPS gets the blame for slow delivery.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club.I ordered something on the 7th from Fla.Its now the 22nd and still no sight of it .I could a walked round trip by now:BangHead::BangHead:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crying.gif
FWIW - I bought an item from Amazon that shipped through USPS and USPS removed the item because it was being tracked over a month and assumed lost!

Here is another item I bought from EBay and is still in transit! The shame is some EBay buyers will probably ding the seller for not receiving or receiving their items late.

Dec 16 In Transit, Arriving Late

Dec 12 10:03 am
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
HARRISBURG PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 09 2:55 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
HARRISBURG PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 08 8:56 am
Departed USPS Facility
EDGERTON,KS 66021

Dec 07 9:53 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
EDGERTON,KS 66021

Dec 07 9:24 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 06 10:02 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 04 5:51 pm
Departed Post Office
LIBERTY,MO 64068

Dec 04 4:04 pm
USPS picked up item
LIBERTY,MO 64068

Dec 04 8:41 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LIBERTY,MO 64068

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Issue I had was an order on a Shirt from the coffee company

Got a tracking number a Few days later.
a week after that I got a change of tracking number
2 week or so later they over-nighted me a shirt because Dhl didn't give them info on where my shirt was.

over-nighted shirt came the next day

2 days later shirt 2 came, when I advised them, they told me to enjoy.

weeks later the original shirt came , again when I advised them, they told me to enjoy.

that was 3 long sleeve t's for the price of one.

shortly after that they started looking for an alternate shipping method
====

got a $50.00 gift certificate through them yesterday from my Niece.
in spite of reservations on shopping online on Christmas, I ordered 3 pounds right away.
we'll see how that goes :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread