Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictographs and petroglyphs up in Sego canyon and Newspaper Rock, broken point near Courthouse Rock (I figure this area has been arrowhead hunted to death), couple of impressions left from grinding stones to shape and form them at 7 Mile Canyon. Got a quick reminder the first day when I decided to take a leisurely stroll down 7 mile canyon in the early afternoon. I gets hot and I'm not used to that. Planned the rest of my outings as soon as it was light enough to see, which was slightly better.
6-b6.jpg
6-d6.jpg
6-f7.jpg
6-a5.jpg
6-k7.jpg

Pictographs and petroglyphs up in Sego canyon and Newspaper Rock, broken point near Courthouse Rock (I figure this area has been arrowhead hunted to death), couple of impressions left from grinding stones to shape and form them at 7 Mile Canyon. Got a quick reminder the first day when I decided to take a leisurely stroll down 7 mile canyon in the early afternoon. I gets hot and I'm not used to that. Planned the rest of my outings as soon as it was light enough to see, which was slightly better.
View attachment 2153383View attachment 2153384View attachment 2153385View attachment 2153386View attachment 2153387
Thanks for sharing

I've never been there. Yeah you'd think that area would've been searched over extensively. Some arrowheads do seem to elude the eyes of many who look. I like the material it's made of.

Well if you ever decide to buy that big RV and go out there TR, I would recommend Horse Thief BLM campground, off 191 on 313 up north of Moab. No water, no electric, has bathrooms, but a good base of operations. Plus only $10 a night for me. I've been through both Arches and Canyonlands ONCE. I'll never go back to Arches. Stay away from Dead Horse Point State Park. $20 day use, $50 RV site, $40 tent site, no discounts. Moab is only good for supplies, and if everybody in town is out of ice, City Market seems to always have it. As far as weather, well be prepared for whatever. We've been in early June and September. Sometimes we've almost froze to death, then had record setting heat, been snowed on, and actually been in some good rains. As a rule, plan on hot.

And here's one in Sego Canyon that puzzles me. The figure in black. Sometimes when you see lines like these they're a map of the area. I don't know about the large figure in the center, but the rest of it looks like a map of the neighborhood, showing where houses are. Evidence on the ground right in the area doesn't support that, but could be farther up the canyon. Checked Google Earth to see if I could match it up, but no luck so far. Could mean something completely different, I guess.
6-e6.jpg

Well if you ever decide to buy that big RV and go out there TR, I would recommend Horse Thief BLM campground, off 191 on 313 up north of Moab. No water, no electric, has bathrooms, but a good base of operations. Plus only $10 a night for me. I've been through both Arches and Canyonlands ONCE. I'll never go back to Arches. Stay away from Dead Horse Point State Park. $20 day use, $50 RV site, $40 tent site, no discounts. Moab is only good for supplies, and if everybody in town is out of ice, City Market seems to always have it. As far as weather, well be prepared for whatever. We've been in early June and September. Sometimes we've almost froze to death, then had record setting heat, been snowed on, and actually been in some good rains. As a rule, plan on hot.
I don't believe I'll ever buy an RV. They just get old and fall apart. Most are really not built to hold together year after year and cost imo. I did buy this at the thrift store. It was all there in the original box and may have never been use. It was just under 7 bucks.

Attachments

• 20240603_162032.jpg
    20240603_162032.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
My wife & I are planning a trip to Utah this October. I hope I see some rock art while we're there. We've never been to Utah before.
Excellent newnan man. You'll like it. Do a little research before you go, and you'll find rock art sites close to pretty much wherever you go. And many easy to get to. Be prepared for whatever weather in October.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back