UWHARRIE NORTH CAROLINA GOLD MAP

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i was pm'ing back and forth with a fellow from indiana who said he comes to nc often to poke around...i told him of a craigslist ad i had seen for a gold map, and looked for and refound the ad today..but...stupid me, i deleted his pm's along with a bunch of others and can't remember exactly who it was, so, if anyone is interested, here is the craigslist link to the uwharrie gold map...fellow has quite a bit of info posted on his ad too....
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/spo/1483370079.html

gldhntr

Upvote 0

Gohot229

Greenie
Mar 13, 2010
North Carolina
Hmm.....a map to Uwharrie gold.... I'll tell you, Uwharrie is a large place, with quite a bit of area. It is in checkerboard plots, some places seemingly outside the NF, while some places like towns seem to be inside its boundaries. I went up there and visited with the Rangers there, a particularily nice Lady in the (I believe Troy) office, and she was more than acomidating and even somewhat interested in my quest for information. She directed me to some maps that they provide of the area and boundaries. As for someone claiming to have ..MAPS... uh, I'd take that with a grain of salt. There's no hidden secret whatever there, it's not the wild west gold diggings. Really it's more about just accessing the creeks which are typically not very far from any road. Punch Uwharrie into map-quest and look around, it might interest you as far as creeks and access goes, as the place is, or has been, well traveled at one time or another. But be warned, August is a poor time to go, it's to frigin hot, 'course you have the lake there, but even the lake gets warm to, sometimes in the 80's or more......really.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread