What's new

V Nickel In The Oddest Place

46Wheat

Silver Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
3,357
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the gas station on my way home today and after pumping my gas I went inside to get a soda . As I walked to the counter I overheard the attendant complaining about the foreign coin that the kid before me had stuck her with . Always being curious and on the look out for odd coins in circulation I asked her if when she opened the drawer for my change if she would show it to me . Being as she was all of 18 I kind of understand why she didn't recognize it . But it did say united states of America on it ..... Go figure
100_0743.webp100_0741.webp
I told her that I would give her the five cents change to cover it in her drawer and she was very happy with that . I offered to give her a little extra but she was happy with the nickel . So she was satisfied and I was very happy . I didn't get out today to swing but I still found a prize
 
Upvote 40
Hire her to be on the lookout for more foreign coins... no telling what you'll get.
 
Actually I did say that to her , And she said she would do that for me. So you never know what gas station find might show up next
 
What a wonderful spotter you have. Congrats on a new contact for old coins!
 
It's kind of funny. It was fairly recently that the US started experimenting around with different designs on it's coins. So now, when an old coin comes to light in circulation it's just assumed that it's just another one of the new attempts. :)

Nice!
 
Nice save. If the attendant was all of 18, it really doesn't surprise me. I spend my half dollars, & most of them look at it & have to ask me what it is ! Guess they just don't teach basics in school anymore.
 
This story does not surprise me at all. Nice "V' nickel !
 
A friend of mines parents ran a small rural general store from the mid 80's up until recently. When we recently got into detecting his dad showed us his large silver coin stash he had amassed from running the store all those years. Tons of silver Washingtons, mercs, Rosie's and Buffaloes as well. More than I will probably ever find detecting.
 
Stupid foreign v nickels ftom 1908 america, lol good score!
 
She may turn out to be one of us who later say " if I only knew then,what I know now" congrats on offering her more than just an accurate tally for her shift!:notworthy:
 
She may turn out to be one of us who later say " if I only knew then,what I know now" congrats on offering her more than just an accurate tally for her shift!:notworthy:

Figured It was the right thing to do and who knows she may snag me a silver .
 
How awesome is that? Great save!!! :icon_thumright:
 
That v-nickel looks better then any of the few I've found swinging. Lol Nice save!!

We've got a conveinate store owner looking out for silver for us, 19 silvers so far for the year.
 
Two saves kinda day! Awesome no dirt involved or digging! And you saved her from the V nickel! Lets hope you can save her from some weird walkers, or a few CC mint marks!
You've made a new friend! Nice!
 
Still looking for my first V nickel! Poor kid didn't even realize what he had good find none the less
 
I love the minds of coin collectors. We have Ninja sight and hearing! Great find!
 
Nice grab...Im surprised that young-un didn't woop out the cell phone and research it on social media .... go figure :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom