What's new

V nickel

Rce777777

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2014
Messages
45
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 and Eurotek pro for my little partner.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug my first v nickel and wondered how to clean it up. I see a lot about copper cleaning but not as much about nickel. Will peroxide work like it does on old copper?
 
I was about to ask the same Question.
Got My 1st V-Nickel & a CN 1864 IH that could use some attention.

I have used boiling Peroxide with a good amount of success on the other IH's Dug in the area the 1864 (Fatty) & the V Nickel
came from.
Both coins are fairly pitted (So the damage is Done), but I want Crust less Pitting. LOL

More Research is needed ,might try HP any way but both coins are the first examples of their types I have Dug.
The V Nickel looks to have been lost a year or so after being minted. IMO
Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom