Va. Treasure

Detect9

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2006
My mother told me about this treasure that I have been on for the last 20 years and have recovered some of it. My grandfather use to hide silver coins by the rolls all over his house. When my mother was young the house burned down , and living remotely in the hills of Abingdon the fire destroyed everything . My mother said that when my grandfather was sifting through the ruble that he found some of his coins. She mentioned that the fire had gotten so hot that the silver was melted in wads. My uncle now resides on the property and I have went numerous times and have found 3 round tobacco cans with melted coins in them. My uncle also informed me that the remains of the house were pushed into a large sink hole on the property. I have found a few loose coins around the hole , but the bulk of the hoard is probably lost forever.
HH all , David

Don't quit now.

I have been hunting one place periodically for 15 tears now and am always surprised to find new things.

Make it "the decider" . When you can't figure out where to go looking ... go look at the decider... you never know what can turn up in a place like that.

Good Luck!
OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back