What's new

Vacation beaches

Whiterook

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
32
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Pro
Gold Bug II
Minelab GPX 4800
Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to do some beach detecting but I'm in Texas and there are no white sandy beaches anywhere close to me. Gulfport is as closer than Padre Island. I'm thinking about driving east and hitting some spots from Gulfport to Panama City. What are the best beaches to detect? Or, is it worth the effort, meaning do I need to skip that area and suck it up and make the drive down to south Florida? Any opinions or ideas on vacation plans for a week or two? Thanks very much!!
 
Upvote 0
I want to do some beach detecting but I'm in Texas and there are no white sandy beaches anywhere close to me. Gulfport is as closer than Padre Island. I'm thinking about driving east and hitting some spots from Gulfport to Panama City. What are the best beaches to detect? Or, is it worth the effort, meaning do I need to skip that area and suck it up and make the drive down to south Florida? Any opinions or ideas on vacation plans for a week or two? Thanks very much!!
What about lakes? Any lakes close by? Lots of lakes have little beaches scattered around, or maybe a diving platform out in the water for people to jump off of. Searching under a dive platform can be a goldmine at some locations. And freshwater lakes usually have pretty good visibility along with not having to worry about getting bit by sharks or other nasties out in the ocean, lol.
 
What about lakes? Any lakes close by? Lots of lakes have little beaches scattered around, or maybe a diving platform out in the water for people to jump off of. Searching under a dive platform can be a goldmine at some locations. And freshwater lakes usually have pretty good visibility along with not having to worry about getting bit by sharks or other nasties out in the ocean, lol.
Lots of lakes here. Bad vis. More of a muddy swimming hole setting than any beach.
I looking for real flour white sandy beaches.
 
Go for it!! Where ever there are beaches there are people losing things. If I were you, I'd go to the panhandle (Desdin?), rent a room for 2 nights or more and hunt until you drop!! There is nothing like completely exhausting one's self MDing for hrs w/o a care in the World. And particualrly take note when you're ending the day (or night) and returning to the car and dragging the detector along the way...seems I often find gold only after I've basically given up for the day and heading home when I hit a GREAT target. Have fun.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom