Vacation hunts yield clad, misc and gold

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Family got to go on vacation to Whidbey Island Washington and I had to take the detector. My brother-in-law has a White's Vision and we tried to get out every chance we got. We hit up a local park taking the kids to run around and blow off some steam. We hunted around the original football field hoping for some older coins. All coins we found were clad, but there were a lot and I had to quit digging any penny signals as there were way to many, not a lot of people hit this place. Just as we were getting to the other end of the field, I got nice tone on the XLT and moving the grass a little could see the glint of gold. Pulled out the ring and checked the inside... Yep 10K stamp right there. We hit some schools and beach/park areas over the next couple days getting an hour or two each day. Found a nice amount of clad along with a Kennedy half coming from the school across from his house. Also found some misc and a bunch of toy cars that I did not picture. Had a good time anyway, just getting away and being able to swing.

Happy Hunting

Test 049.JPG Test 048.JPG

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice ring and the other digs are looking good too.............................................

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Gold ...congrats ! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Wldbil

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Thanks everyone... Always nice to see gold in an unexpected place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread