What's new

Vacationing in Prescott

Eleven Cents

Full Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
169
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm heading up to Prescott and bringing my Tesoro. Do I need a permit to detect in city parks there?
 
So is that state wide in AZ. Planning to visit family. Never detected AZ before. Any recommendations?

No, not statewide, but I would say 90-percent of City parks are open to detecting as long as you use a hand digger and fill your holes. City parks are all recent drops and for the most part modern clad. Look for sand Volleyball courts if you want a shot at jewelry :occasion14:
 
I asked because you do need a permit in Tucson. They're free, you just have to agree not to destroy turf or create trip hazards. Technically you're not supposed to dig in grass at all, but in practice nobody cares as long as you don't leave a mess.
 
Welcome that's some hard ground in AZ. Hod luck you'll love it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom