mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great pair of hunts this weekend. Found several buttons, one with etched design but the best finds were two cuff links including a silver
IMG_3900.jpg IMG_3901.jpg

Cufflinks, silver Tudor Rose and plated with designed and Prince of Wales Plume back mark
IMG_3904.jpg IMG_3895.JPG IMG_3894.jpg

Tombac Buttons, one etched design could possible be a Tudor Rose too.
IMG_3898.jpg IMG_3903.jpg

Upvote 20
Found this on the George Washington Inaugural Button site. I'm not saying that yours is necessarily British Navy. My understanding is that loyalists wore the Tudor Rose as a symbolic gesture. But, there have been at least 3 Rev. War, British military buttons found on the site.
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 6.19.09 AM.png

Those are some real BEAUTS!!!!!! CONGRATZ...

There's nothing more satisfying then when you clean off the face of a button or a cuff link and find hand engraved detail! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your finds,
Dave

Nice hand full of goodies! :icon_thumleft:

Found this on the George Washington Inaugural Button site. I'm not saying that yours is necessarily British Navy. My understanding is that loyalists wore the Tudor Rose as a symbolic gesture. But, there have been at least 3 Rev. War, British military buttons found on the site.
View attachment 1802428

I know its been debated on Tnet before but I so want this to be military. I found this on the Clochester Metal Detecting and Hunting site and there are a variety of styles, four pedal and five pedal. I think it is close enough to call it Royal Navy.

That's really cool its gotta be rare if no one can I'd it for sure. Post if you figure out what's it is. Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back