What's new

Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident! Update: 6-17-2011

FLauthor

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
775
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a come back! Five weeks of healing is a long time but at least it happened during the hot August summer. Took my boat out to a isolated beach that is accessible only by boat. Hadn't hunted it since post Memorial Day weekend. It was a beautiful day, lake was flat and the water about 83 degrees. Hunted for 2.5 hours and found $1.87 in clad, a Gold Starfish that is costume jewelry and a D.Y. .925 ring with a large stone (Citrine?) and 32 tiny diamonds that are real called Pave' diamonds, see Wikipedia.
Beat the storms home and figuring out which beach I'm going to tag next week. ;D :icon_thumleft:
Update:
(The ring is a David Yurman Original, split shank in sterling silver and retails from $790 to $2700. Not certain of the stone but maybe Citrine. Website said they will clean and restore the ring to its original luster for FREE. There is a David Yurman store in Orlando so I'll take it there for cleaning and appraising. Check his website in case you ever find one too: (www.davidyurman.com/., click on rings)
:headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: .
 

Attachments

  • MVC-854S.webp
    MVC-854S.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,722
  • MVC-855S.webp
    MVC-855S.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,717
  • MVC-856S.webp
    MVC-856S.webp
    18 KB · Views: 1,663
  • MVC-857S.webp
    MVC-857S.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,666
Upvote 0
Re: First time out since accident

:icon_thumleft: WTG!!!!! Not bad for your first time out! Hope your feeling better now! That ring is awesome, someone is crying over losing that beauty!!! :icon_thumright: Red
 

Attachments

  • happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,683
  • happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,675
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Great ring!!!
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

FREE??? just me but...........2nd or 3rd lets get it looked at ??? ???
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Congrats! That is a great ticket after such a long spell. Let us see the cleanup when you get it back! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Glad you were able to get out and luck smiled on you too. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Update! Took the ring to David Yurman's store at the Millenium Mall in Orlando. They cleaned and polished it as best as they could. They recommend I bring it back and send it to the home office where for $50.00, they will make it look like new. The big stone is Prasiolite or Green amethyst:
On exposure to heat, green amethyst generally becomes yellow, and much of the citrine, cairngorm,
or yellow quartz of jewelry is said to be merely "burnt amethyst".
The pave' diamonds are real and the ring lists for $890.00. The saleslady pulled out an identical one and showed me the price. I told her when I have the spare money, I'll get it done.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-865S.webp
    MVC-865S.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,451
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Silver rings are not all bad... I too found a David Yarman, Black Onyx crown, silver shank and gold stone box setting. No diamonds :( I have seen several copies of the one I found on eBay. Obviously not going for the retail price, but certainly much more than melt value!! I am sure you could sell it if you wanted to, or it would make a nice gift...... That is a nice find. HH, Ralph
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Important thing with this ring is you were able to identify the maker. Yarman may not be Tiffany, but still hand-designed and executed setting. WTG!!
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Pretty darn cool :icon_salut:
 
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

wow!!! that price is amazing!!!!! my tiffany ring only retails for 425. your ring is a great find!!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • ring 012.webp
    ring 012.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • ring 012.webp
    ring 012.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,126
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

Update: I finally took the ring back to David Yurman's Jewelry store and had the ring cleaned and polished by the home office in Texas for $50. Transformed it back into a $900 ring. It is size 7 and maybe one day I'll have another girlfriend that I can give it too. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-888S.webp
    MVC-888S.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 793
  • MVC-889S.webp
    MVC-889S.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 798
Re: Valuable Ring Found - First time out since accident!

That is Beautiful! What a find! I can't wait to find my first one! :headbang: :notworthy:

FLauthor said:
Update: I finally took the ring back to David Yurman's Jewelry store and had the ring cleaned and polished by the home office in Texas for $50. Transformed it back into a $900 ring. It is size 7 and maybe one day I'll have another girlfriend that I can give it too. :icon_thumleft:
 
Great post, Flauthor!

The ring is stunning! :hello2:

Congrats on a very beautiful find

Lorraine
 
That is an absolutely beautiful ring! Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Ring looks great especially after the cleaning and polishing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom