What's new

Value of USA Dollars / Cents etc?

DavidBeard

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
507
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
1
Location
Derbyshire
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I'm currently helping a local charity shop sort through all their bags of mixed foreign coins (its going to be a long job) - Obviously they can re-sell currently-used currencies (at a good exchange rate) but Pesetas, Francs, Lira, etc which have now been replaced by the Euro will have to go into another collector's bag for sorting out later.
I can't image that there are any coins or notes that are very old but are there any particular Cent, Dime coins or Dollar Bills I should be looking out for or are all of them only worth face value? At what date did they stop making the coins out of Silver? Do you have the equivalent of our British 1933 penny??
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Best wishes,
David - UK.
 
just-geese said:
David I'm guessing you are asking about U.S. coins ? 1964 was our last year for silver in curculation.. Here is a list from PCGS which might help you in determing what you have. I would use it as a guide only and not to find the value of coins
J-G
http://www.pcgs.com/prices/

Thanks so much J-G - thats a great help.
Best wishes.
 
Way to go,on helping out.I remember a story about a church where that needed money, and some body looked down the basment and found a whole lot of old toy's from the 60&70, and the toy's rased all the money that they needed and them some. how kool is that :thumbsup:
 
I was researching the value of US silver coins and found that most recent silver dimes and quarters goes for about 8 times the face value unless they are in real good condition. A 1964 dime is around $.80 and a quarter of that same year is worth about $2.00. When you get to the silver half and full dollars then they can be worth a little more but not by much. It's a rule of thumb I've noticed when pricing silver coins, a double date stamp or rare coins go way up for value. Can't help a lot with the European coins, most of the ones I've collected are worth around 15 cents. Try to bag up the coins according to the country of origin and sell them at the thrift shop for around a dollar per bag of 8 coins. Just check for any silver which can be sold for it's silver content.
 
Thanks Eddie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom