What's new

Valve Stem?

Cantstopdigging

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
634
Reaction score
2,189
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

My gut tells me that this is an old valve stem, but I'm not sure. I found it in the middle of a wooded area? After looking at many images, I just can't tell. Can anyone assist me here? Thanks for looking!
IMG_0509.webp
 
I wish I could find an image and properly identify it. I was hoping it could be from a model T or something.
 
Upvote 0
That’s a modern valve stem that popped out of the rubber ....model t stems are much bigger
 
Upvote 0
It has an opening on the end opposite to the threaded end. Again, I can't find a similar one on the internet to compare it to.
IMG_0510.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a valve stem to me.
 
Upvote 0
sure looks like a valve stem to me, any logging going on in that area over the years ?..maybe from a piece of equipment they use
 
Upvote 0
questions.gif
I was in agreement (valve stem) looking at the thread side. Unfortunately, the flat head screw slot throws me - it looks more like a faucet stem to me now?
1.webp 2.webp​
 
Upvote 0
product-250x250.webp
I'm leaning towards schrader valve stem with rubber unvulcanized or burned off.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Rick. You might be onto something here. I’ve never seen the inside of these things with no rubber, and I can’t seem to find any photos.
 
Upvote 0
with what I dont kniw but I will agree
 
Upvote 0
Either a Tractor tire valve stem or a barb fitting used for who knows what. Way to go.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom