cairnterrier

Greenie
Mar 24, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three days ago I received my Vanquish 540. After using it, I recharged the batteries in the minelab provided charger. Instructions to charger state that green lights will be flashing when batteries are charging. After charging for many hours, the green lights are still blinking. Instructions say that the green lights will quit blinking upon fully charged. As anyone else had this issue with the charger? When I place them in the Vanquish, it shows that they are fully charged.

Alex7181

May 11, 2021
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540 Pro Pack, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three days ago I received my Vanquish 540. After using it, I recharged the batteries in the minelab provided charger. Instructions to charger state that green lights will be flashing when batteries are charging. After charging for many hours, the green lights are still blinking. Instructions say that the green lights will quit blinking upon fully charged. As anyone else had this issue with the charger? When I place them in the Vanquish, it shows that they are fully charged.

Hi,

I know that it has been for a long time ago! But I have the same issue with my Vanquish 540 Pro Pack! I received another charger according to the issue, but the new one is also carrying a charging problem. I've used another brand of batteries with the same specification But still flashing remained on the charger even with a full charge situation. Did you find any solution for that? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It takes about six-seven hours to charge. The batteries sometimes get warm to hot. This is normal. I just use Duracel AA's because to me it is alot easier than letting them charge overnight.:occasion14:

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some batteries take a very long time recharge. I use a RnB battery bar for my Pro, and have the wireless headphones for it, so have to charge the transmitter and headphones, and sometimes it take 6 hours to charge them. I have the red & green led lights indicators for my stuff, and often wonder why it takes so long, then suddenly they go out, or change color, and all is fine. I just bought some rechargeable lithium 9 volt for my "Garrett Carrot "propointer, now totally using rechargeable batteries. Hopefully I'm done buying batteries. :icon_thumright:
too_

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can fully charge them and put them right back in the charger and it will still blink for about 6 hours. Don't think the charger is sophisticated enough to know what the battery level is, and always goes through a full charging cycle.

Alex7181

May 11, 2021
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540 Pro Pack, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes about six-seven hours to charge. The batteries sometimes get warm to hot. This is normal. I just use Duracel AA's because to me it is alot easier than letting them charge overnight.:occasion14:

Thank you very much!
I've figured out what the issue was! You right! It takes too long to get charge.

diamonddave

Jan 4, 2021
WESTERN PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB VANQUISH 540 PP
MINELAB X-TERRA PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plug my battery charger into an old phone charging block (Samsung Original OEM Adaptive Fast Charging (AFC) Wall Charger Adapter). It provides a reliable charge time of 6-8 hours and the indicator lamps are glowing steady every time charging is completed. I suspect maybe the usb power source is the variable. My next upgrade will likely be the RNB battery pack.

troll

Jun 10, 2020
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I threw the charger and the batteries out after 2 months. Bought the eneloop batteries and the Panasonic charger and it was one of the best things I have done. I like them so much they are now in my TV remote and in anything else that uses a AA battery. Not the fastest charge but way faster then the charger that they sent. Now I realize you should not have to throw something away just after buying it, but to me it's better then the aggravation. On Amazon charger # BQ-CC17 try them I think you will like them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread