What's new

Vermont copper, silver, round ball bead, reign bell, pewter and flat buttons...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very happy to say I found my first VT copper today on a colonial NJ cattle farm. I found some other great goodies. Heat index was about 100 but still not as bad as its been...

Vermont copper...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469842889.909739.webp
Reign bell....ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469842923.748263.webp
1917 type 2 SLQ
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843072.356187.webp
Vermont copperImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843184.838132.webp
The reverse is shot, but I got an positive ID on a couple letters, eliminating the CT copper possibility.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843237.798320.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843250.888411.webp
Maybe it can't be seen in a photo, but I can faintly make out a "7". So any raised date SLQ makes it a 1917.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843279.525470.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469843296.043995.webp

Good luck and good digs

Steve
 
Last edited:
Upvote 46
Nice finds Scrappy. Is that your first Vermont? I found a couple Vermonts years ago.... both at the same site.
 
Those Vt's are a tough find bud. I love heel plates. Not sure why but they're a favorite of mine. I've got a heart and another more rare design. Very nice buddy
 
Scrappy,, you got more luck than an Atlantic City Casino Investor who got out before Trump got in. lol
Congrats on a great hunt.

Lol. I have good luck fishing and dirt hunting. The rest...err....not so much.
 
Awesome! A VT copper and an SLQ! Congrats! That was one heck of a day!

Thx Beep. The quarter was such a nice signal after hours of iron chatter that I thought the signal was too good to be true.
 
Nice finds Scrappy. Is that your first Vermont? I found a couple Vermonts years ago.... both at the same site.

Yep, first Vermont. I had a strong feeling it was a state copper when I couldn't field ID it.
 
Thx Beep. The quarter was such a nice signal after hours of iron chatter that I thought the signal was too good to be true.

I know what you mean, one of those solid sweet signals after your ears have chewed by the detector chatter. :)
 
Great hunt scrappy! Listen.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a Conn. Not a Vt. The reverse you have has 2 cincfoils, one of which is on the right side of the head, in between the staff and the head. There are NO known VT varieties that have this. Not even counterfeits. 100% positive as I looked them up ALL individually. Sorry but it is what it is...... Conn
 
Great hunt scrappy! Listen.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's a Conn. Not a Vt. The reverse you have has 2 cincfoils, one of which is on the right side of the head, in between the staff and the head. There are NO known VT varieties that have this. Not even counterfeits. 100% positive as I looked them up ALL individually. Sorry but it is what it is...... Conn

Haha! Bad news?! I wish all my bad news was as such! That's cool man and thanks for the positive ID. I was going back and forth on it but thought I had it nailed down with the placement of a few letters.

I guess I have a reason to keep hunting then for those other elusive state coppers I don't have...

Thanks again
 
On any coin, if you have a few "key" points showing, (which you do), it. Can be at least identifiable. Took a few mins but there are only 40 Vts. Half are landscapes wasn't too difficult.
 
Awesome copper Steve, I can see you are back to your normal self, pulling keepers left & right. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the state copper, and the SLQ. That's a hand full of nice stuff.

The cool weather will return soon. Keep the faith!
 
Congrats on the state copper, and the SLQ. That's a hand full of nice stuff.

The cool weather will return soon. Keep the faith brother!
 
Congrats on the Vermont Steve. I like the heel plate too. I have never found the heart pattern, just a couple of the clover pattern.
 
Awesome copper Steve, I can see you are back to your normal self, pulling keepers left & right. :occasion14:

Thanks loco. The brush is brutal as you can imagine. Say hello to Kevin's brother in law. Let me know when you're in town next
 
Congrats on the Vermont Steve. I like the heel plate too. I have never found the heart pattern, just a couple of the clover pattern.

Thx Steve. There's Spanish silver here somewhere. Can I borrow your Spanish silver homing device?
 
Thx Steve. There's Spanish silver here somewhere. Can I borrow your Spanish silver homing device?

It's in the shop. Hasn't been working right lately.
 
Lol.
Nor mine. I'm 0 for 2016.

I got one and my brother got one on one of my sites, using my machine. It's in my collection now so technically you can say I have added two this year.
 
KILLER FINDS AND WELCOME TO THE VERMONT CLUB GOT ONE MYSELF ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom