What's new

vermont state copper in n.c. need help on .

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
12,055
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1086.webpDSCN1087.webpDSCN1088.webpDSCN1089.webpDSCN1090.webpDSCN1091.webpDSCN1092.webpDSCN1093.webpDSCN1095.webpDSCN1096.webp found this copper today any info on it would be great, I thought the flat button was a kg but it was a great day.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Great find! I've only found 3 state coppers and strangely two of them were Vermonts. Not the easiest ones to find I gather. I seem to be seeing 1788 but I can't really tell. The watch winder and barrel tap piece are cool finds as well. Hopefully someone will be able to nail down the variety of the copper for you.
 
Congrats on the copper. Looks like you are on an early site. Interesting to think how that coin might have ended up in NC. I see the bees and wasp have not deterred you from digging in the woods. I've been stung by far more than my share of them and I am very careful to keep a close eye out for them and copperheads.
 
Does it say Britannia on the reverse or Inde Et Lib? I can't tell from the pic.
 
its worn but I think I can make out the bottom of an e at the bottom of her arm holding the staff or whatever it is.
 
its worn but I think I can make out the bottom of an e at the bottom of her arm holding the staff or whatever it is.DSCN1097.webpDSCN1098.webpDSCN1099.webpDSCN1100.webp
 
Congrats on a Sweet copper!!
 
Awesome copper calabash :icon_thumright: State coppers are my absolute favorite coppers. I'd love to find a VT like yours. I have a CT and 3 VA's... can't wait for another one. Great hunt man!
 
Congrats on the copper. Looks like you are on an early site. Interesting to think how that coin might have ended up in NC. I see the bees and wasp have not deterred you from digging in the woods. I've been stung by far more than my share of them and I am very careful to keep a close eye out for them and copperheads.

Thanks guys. As for the bees I will have to keep an eye out ,and for the snakes ive got a brand new pair of rocky snake boots I detect in. I always detect in snake boot here even in the winter alot because the snakes will come out then in the warm spells we have here on the coast. They are really comfortable too .
 
I cant make out the date on this one any ideas when this variety was made?
 
Looks like a Ryder 27 - 1788 Vermont copper
 
thanks for the info I dont sell my relics but is it worth anything?
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom