What's new

Versatile Use Detectors

Ok, let me clarify.....I'll be taking the Excal with all the coils, but I only have room for one land based machine. (If that machine fails I'll find another.) I have all year, not just a few weeks. But I also have to take other things, i.e., 1 fly rod, 1 spinning outfit, etc. I will be doing more then just treasure hunting.
 
If you have the water detector .. i would say any top brand detector will work for what you are doing…They will all find metal and they will all find gold not gold dust but nice pickers . If i look for gold all i want is pickers or larger … And that is all a reg. detector will get any way … If you want to get small gold you will have to take a gold detector .. so what you need is a detector that runs a frequency of 13 and 15 or 18 for a all around …. any brand you like in those Freq.
 
Was looking at a gold bug 2 last night? What's user experience say? Can it handle the general hunting thing ok?
 
Was looking at a gold bug 2 last night? What's user experience say? Can it handle the general hunting thing ok?
Any dedicated gold machine is made to find gold as it runs a higher kHz, not conducive to finding coins. Plus the higher the kHz the more prone to EMI interference.
 
Was looking at a gold bug 2 last night? What's user experience say? Can it handle the general hunting thing ok?
I had a Goldbug 2. I used it for nugget hunting and it did find an occasional coin along the way. Good detector that I lost in a fire. Frank...- five star.webp
 
V3i....most versatile machine out there....coins-relics-gold-beach,etc...gl and hh!!
 
V3i....most versatile machine out there....coins-relics-gold-beach,etc...gl and hh!!


X2 on that. Set up and used properly it will do just about anything except go into the water.
 
Ok, let me clarify.....I'll be taking the Excal with all the coils, but I only have room for one land based machine. (If that machine fails I'll find another.) I have all year, not just a few weeks. But I also have to take other things, i.e., 1 fly rod, 1 spinning outfit, etc. I will be doing more then just treasure hunting.

Give us a hint! What is your vehicle? Is it a car, or a motor home?
Start in the north and work south as it gets cooler.
Join GPAA and you can stay on there claims as you will have access to hundreds of them for free.

Frank...-five star.webp
 
Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero!
 
If you have the water detector .. i would say any top brand detector will work for what you are doing…They will all find metal and they will all find gold not gold dust but nice pickers . If i look for gold all i want is pickers or larger … And that is all a reg. detector will get any way … If you want to get small gold you will have to take a gold detector .. so what you need is a detector that runs a frequency of 13 and 15 or 18 for a all around …. any brand you like in those Freq.

Keppy makes an excellent point Bigscoop. If it's a once in a blue moon kind of trip, and raw gold hunting is not in your plans upon return, a good do it all detector may be a good choice. Minelab 705 Dual Pack (w/ 8"X10" 18.75khz DD coil for gold and 9" 7.5khz concentric coil for general detecting) or Whites MXT Pro, either would do well. Both have prospecting programs, and both work well for relics and general coin/jewelry hunting. They are in the same price range.
 
Last edited:
Xterra 705 with the stock MF coil, 18.75 elliptical HF and the 6" digger will cover all the bases you mentioned.
 
Last edited:
There's a whole lot of things still in the works. This is turning into a bit more then I had originally planned, a lot of things going on. But it's all good. Just don't have any definite answers on too many things right now because there's so much going on. Just recently picked up a partner in this little adventure and he brings quite a bit of experience and knowledge to the table. As soon as things start to take shape I'll let you those details. And "Thanks" for all the input and replies. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom