What's new

Very old Chartres Notre Dame Black Madonna medal

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
Forum, this medal looks to be silver. It has the cathedral of Notre Dame on one side. The opposite has a statue of the controversial black Madonna statue. I would like to date this medal if possible. It was in a fire at one time, found at a foundation. Any help would be appreciated. Bill
 

Attachments

  • ghost 5719.webp
    ghost 5719.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 422
  • ghost 5720.webp
    ghost 5720.webp
    111 KB · Views: 410
I think what you have there is a souvenir key chain/fob from Chartres in France. It depicts their unmistakable cathedral on one side and as you have pointed out the "Black Madonna" on the reverse. I have no idea how old it is or what metal it is made from, maybe someone else will help on that :icon_thumleft:.


hammered
 

Attachments

  • Chartres_1.webp
    Chartres_1.webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 328
  • chartres3.webp
    chartres3.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
I love the ostrich. Thanks for the reply. I know there are several medals of the cathredral but the older ones had the Black Madona. I wonder waht it dates back to? Bill
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom