What's new

Very old looking Fleur De Lis

dtc241079

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found this very old looking copper bronze Fleur De Lis on a farmers field in Kent England.
I would really like to know what it's from and also what period it's from.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    377.2 KB · Views: 161
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    610.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    333.3 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 8
You live in Kent or visited?

If you live & detect there, I wish you would post more pictures of your finds?

I would put it in the 18th-19th C window. Hard to guess what it went on, but fire guard jumps to mind.
 
Cool old find.
 
Cool find.
Looks to have been attached to a flag / banner post or maybe a walking stick. Just a guess.
Congrats
 
Last edited:
Hi I live in Kent
Here are a few more things I have found on the same field.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    670 KB · Views: 107
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    647.8 KB · Views: 88
Thanks
 
i must say i do not have a metal detector that costs grands but it finds metal and not things worth grands.
 
i must say i do not have a metal detector that costs grands but it finds metal and not things worth grands.

Is money you want or history? When you focus on the latter, the other might come easier, although it doesn't feature in my thinking. It only acknowledges that the rare historical item I found has commercial value.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom