Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day hunting with Jim and his Mom, Diane. We went to Dandy Hill first and I found a blowhole button and a George lll copper, a shoe buckle, and a 1831 large cent . We then decided to hit the Field of Legends that had produced so many great finds last winter. The fields still did not disappoint us. A nice little 1830 Capped Bust five center, my seventh capped this year. A neat little presidential token, a Draped Bust and a 1862 B Victoria halfpenny. I did not realize I had found one of the very rare bronze coins until I started researching the coin. I noticed the large space between the 1 and the 8 and the small B next to the left hand base of the lighthouse, it matched. I don't know how rare or the production run of this coin is but it sure made the holiday a little brighter...

Attachments

• 20131225_150204-crop.jpg
    20131225_150204-crop.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 20131225_150226-crop.jpg
    20131225_150226-crop.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 20131225_150243-crop.jpg
    20131225_150243-crop.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Bust.jpg
    Bust.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20131225_152216-crop.jpg
    20131225_152216-crop.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • 20131226_075116-crop.jpg
    20131226_075116-crop.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ha62br.jpg
    ha62br.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Absolutely amazing finds ! some real history - the eye appeal is great on the Capped Bust and the political token - congrats on a great hunt !

That Capped Bust Is Beautiful! Great Finds!

Outstanding finds! The early U.S. coins are truly great finds. The token is awesome. I don't know much about the British 1/2 penny, but I just looked it up in my old Krause catalog, and it starts out at $50.00! Finds like that always make me wonder how the item got over here.
G.L.& H.H.,
wagbert

You guys are killing it. Great spot great finds. The capped is awesome. Is that a William harrison token? Seen some campaign pins posted a few months ago with the log cabin.

Thanks, Yes the token is a William Harrison, forgot to mention it. Jim found the twin to it just a few feet from where I dug mine.

Outstanding finds! The early U.S. coins are truly great finds. The token is awesome. I don't know much about the British 1/2 penny, but I just looked it up in my old Krause catalog, and it starts out at $50.00! Finds like that always make me wonder how the item got over here.
G.L.& H.H.,
wagbert

Thanks for the help. I did find that the, A, B, C variety are very rare. The condition of the bronze coin is at best somewhere in the bottom of the fair range. I did find that there are less then 50 examples of the A, and the B is even rarer.

What a meltin pot of finds! The sites you have are rich with finds and history!! That capped is outstanding in detail but I think I would say the token (imo) would take the cake!!! CONGRATS.. HH and HH...

G.L.& H.H.,
wagbert

Have a look at this link on the % of the population were English English American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very nice selection of finds.

That's a great assortment of artifacts spanning a long period of time. Looks like you guys still have more work to do there. Good luck!

Great hunt Arty! Seven Capped Bust coins in one year is incredible! I have only ever found one Capped Bust - an 1830 5 cents like yours. I have also found that same Harrison token. All in all a great hunt to top off a great year!

Sweet finds Art! That "new" half penny was a shocker being so rare. Imagine all he coins that we CANT ID from these fields...Can't wait for our next possible lead to pan out! A field directly across from the river with rich history...cross your fingers buddy.

Congrats on some really awesome finds! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back