What's new

Vial shaped thing

scratcher

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
463
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know what this thing is? I found it near a early site but I have no idea if it is old. It doesn't appear that the end comes off. It doesn't feel light enough to be hollow(it may have something in it). I think it is brass or copper. Thanks in advance for any info.
 

Attachments

  • unk 001.webp
    unk 001.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 342
  • unk 002.webp
    unk 002.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 328
  • unk 003.webp
    unk 003.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 330
  • unk 004.webp
    unk 004.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 337
Looks like a lipstick holder
 
Upvote 0
Scratcher, My first impulse was to say "you're so used to digging fantastic colonial relics that you forgot what a lipstick tube looks like!" You say it's heavy though? If it doesn't come apart, then is there any sign of an openig on the top, or a sign something was once attached to the top?
 
Upvote 0
I think scratcher's pulling our leg on this one :D
 
Upvote 0
"Let me 'bask in the moment"
:-)"


:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys! That should tell you what kind of sites I usually hunt, seeing that is the first one I've found :icon_thumleft: I wish you all could have seen me tearing that thing open. It was in the river and somehow was pressurized a little. I picked at the end and it blew up all over me :laughing7: (eyes included)
 
Upvote 0
hey, what color was the gooooooo! after cracking it open? i would guess black, any chance it was still red?
what a mess, and in the eye is never good.
congrats rando--- by seconds!!!!! :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
intimer said:
looks like it had teeth marks!

I think that messed up end helped confound me.

intimer said:
hey, what color was the gooooooo! after cracking it open? i would guess black, any chance it was still red?
what a mess, and in the eye is never good.
congrats rando--- by seconds!!!!! :notworthy:

When I picked that little piece of corrosion off the tip it really popped. Smelly, black goo everywhere.(it didn't taste too good either)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom