Vicks bottle?

Sep 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few days online trying to find out what kind of bottle I have I finally found a similar one posted on ebay. I'm not a bottle collector and have no expertise in the field whatsoever but trying to track down the type of bottle I had, really sparked my interest. I've seen all types of vick's bottles in cobalt blue and a few in auburn with a logo at the middle of the base and letters that read VA-TRO-NOL. I have a bottle similar to the auburn colored one that stands about 2 inches in height but it only reads VA-TRO-NOL at the base with no vick's logo centered at the middle of the base. There is also a clear glass dropper about the same height as the bottle that accompanied it. My father happened to find it while digging around our yard and my curiosity got the best of me. I live in Haleiwa on the island of Oahu in Hawaii and desperately need help from anyone with expertise, thanks!

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Va-tro-nol was used with the dropper to get the medicine into your nasal passage, you would lean your head back and use the dropper to put a few drops in the nose to help prevent colds from developing, it's probably from the 1940's and they are very common...

81z4ZECJX2L__AA1500_.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions