What's new

✅ SOLVED Victorian Sports metal? anyone seen one of these?

YBnormal

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
208
Golden Thread
0
Location
Albany Ga.
Detector(s) used
MInelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on an old plantation house that is famous for giving up artifacts that haven't been seen before. Anyone seen one of these, It has sports scenes on both sides. Made from brass with brass rings. A hole at top and bottom. Maybe for ribbons?? All the scenes are Victorian age, Rugby, Badminton, Croquet, Volleyball, Baseball. Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • 20180425_162930.webp
    20180425_162930.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • 20180425_163029.webp
    20180425_163029.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 20180425_163145.webp
    20180425_163145.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
No idea but never seen one before....???
 
Upvote 0
it's a watch fob.


kinda like this one......

EARLY-VICTORIAN-SPORTS-THEMED-WATCH-FOB-MEDAL-Shooting.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't notice that the scenes were different from front to back. I wonder if it could be British? If you ever get tired of it I have first dibs on it!
 
Upvote 0
Well Done JewelerGuy!!, That is it exactly,, would you mind sharing the link where you found it?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice, that thing is super fancy and cool
 
Upvote 0
Now you have to go back and find the rest of it.
 
Upvote 0
Well Done JewelerGuy!!, That is it exactly,, would you mind sharing the link where you found it?

If you go to the following link, it is the first picture. It takes you to a site that searches E-bay but I didn't see the fob when I went there. Maybe it is no longer listed?
https://www.google.com/search?q=EAR...WPT98KHcs7AlcQsAQIKA&biw=1920&bih=943#imgrc=_

I got the image doing a google image search that pulled from the same site fyrffytr1 posted. I looked through the listings but never could locate it
 
Upvote 0
A few similar items, all labeled as "fobs".

fob.webp
 
Upvote 0
GIVE THAT MAN A SEAGAR>
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom