VIDEO: Garrett Scorpion vs Garrett AT Pro on a .1 Gram Gold Nugget.

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
The basis of this video test is to show how hot ground will effect how the these detectors detect an item just sitting on top of hot ground, in this case a .1 gram gold nugget, as per it being detected in the air just fine even with my Ace 250.

The conclusion is...even thought the At Pro doesnt have an all metal mode like the Scorpion, it will still detect this tiny nugget even with a larger coil and a discrimination based Pro Mode in this really hot Oregon dirt.

I'd say the AT Pro will be a fine prospecting machine.

CHECK IT OUT:

Alan

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that was a very good test on the 3 detectors gives some good insight. I wonder why the 250 would pick it up in the air and not the ground................ Would it be the hot dirt you have there?

MrPoptop

Jan 3, 2011
Cowlitz County, Washington
Detector(s) used
2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
Keppy said:
Now that was a very good test on the 3 detectors gives some good insight. I wonder why the 250 would pick it up in the air and not the ground................ Would it be the hot dirt you have there?
[/quote
yes masking 250 blowes IMO

OP
OP
Bearkat

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Yes Mr Pop...ground too hot and masked the target for the Ace 250...that is why I set the nuggy on the ground as per the hotness to see how the AT PRO and the Scorpion did.

Alan :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice comparison video Bearkat. I like it. :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That was a most interesting Video....I figured the Scorpion would have easily picked up that 0.1 gram in your fairly hot soil properly ground balanced, but I was greatly surprised at how easily it picked it up with the AT Pro, even with such a large coil. That was just phenomenal!. Unfortunately I am not close to any gold nugget producing areas, however, the lights are starting to flash when thinking about it's great potential for finding gold rings and gold jewellery. Thank you Alan for proving what I could only suspect, which is the AT Pros attraction to gold....not in the air, but actually in some challenging conditions in the real world. You have just taken the AT Pro to a much higher level as previous. I truly can't wait until some better weather arrives so I too can start looking for that elusive gold jewellery. Looks like the AT Pro and the Scorpion are much more similar then I previous thought. That 15kHz has proven itself for over 30 years in various Garrett metal detectors. :thumbsup:

You were right on the ball on this one Alan :headbang:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
kenley said:
Thank you very much. Very informative video. I learned a lot.

And it's water proof also....lots of water where gold nuggets are found. If it isn't water proof....one good accidental drop and it's bye-bye metal detector. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread