Video of Gettysburg Ghost

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I've seen this on TV. Gettysburg has all kinds of paranormal activity. I would love to be able to go on a ghost hunt there.

DM

OP
OP
Cherokee kid

Cherokee kid

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah i can't wait. I want to go there sometime this fall...maybe for my birthday.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I volunteer at the Cedar Creek Reenactment each October. I get to camp on the battlefield. You can hear lots of things, voices, gunfire, and stampeding horses. This year I will try to document some of them. The place is pretty active.

DM

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had seen this video on TV before, and still love to watch it. Yes, Gettysburg has been known for this activity for years. I remember one story where a group of tourists stopped to watch a group of what they thought were actors marching, but it was something along the line of this video. They were out in the open marching, then poof, gone.

Digginman - I am so looking forward to see if you can get anything on video this year. Just make sure it is a CW era digital camera :laughing9:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: DEVIL DEN up there is VERY "active"... muzzle flashes that look like fire-flies at night... ghostly ppl/mists climbing around/below the boulders; smell of rotten eggs (black powder...). :wink:

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I'm not so sure I totally believe in this video. The "too good to be true" kinda thing keeps bugging me and also the fact there is a camp ground with horses available to ride just a little bit beyond the trees where this was filmed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
8) I wouldn't just rely on the video... go up there, and see for yourself; like DM, I was a REB re-enactor at Gettysburg, back in '93/'94 or so, and DID experience some of this... wasn't drinking, smoking, or on meds, either. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I went to Gettysburg for my honeymoon in October 2001, I had several strange experiences when I was there. I think the three areas that had me on edge the most were Sach's Bridge, Little Round Top, and Devil's Den. I have had countless of experiences with the paranormal and have done investigations for many years, so I am very much used to seeing, hearing, and feeling unexplained things, but I have to say that Gettysburg will rattle anyone's nerves.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing all these experiences. Never been to Gettysburg myself but definitely on my list of places to visit. I have several family members that have had strange experiences there and tell me I need to go.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TeddyB1967 said:
I'm not so sure I totally believe in this video. The "too good to be true" kinda thing keeps bugging me and also the fact there is a camp ground with horses available to ride just a little bit beyond the trees where this was filmed.

I watched this video a few times and it seems that some of the apparitions are in
the trees and not on the ground. Sort of like a drive-in movie being shown on the treeline instead of the screen.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy walking the battlefield Chickamauga at night. As a kid it was scary now I feel only peace. Where my house stands now there were many soldiers killed in the battle here. I dig the artifacts from my yard know the history and sleep like a baby :icon_sunny:
Some places in the mtns give me the willys something about them tells me I am not alone when I know I am.
A friend I hunted with accused me or someone of stringing lights like christmas tree lights in the woods at dark.I thought he was off his rocker. He never went back. Two years later I was in my deer stand and at dark the woods lit up with long strands of lights. I thought someone was there and hollered for them and yelled hello. I knew I was the only person on the 1400 acres. It was weird and I had forgotten by then about my friends experience.
On this property are many old indian sites and a couple cw camps one where 21 calv soldiers were ambushed and killed and buried in a mass grave marked un known 21 C.S.
Good post I want to see Gettyburg one day both sides of the family fought each other there.
Later.
TnMountains

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
about two years ago, I went to Gettysburg, and although I didnt see anything, I certainly felt it. There's a certain air on the Battlefield, and in the museum. I know there are signs saying do not touch, blah blah blah, but I touched one of the cannons out of pure curiosity. I could feel something almost pulsing in it. I dont know how to explain it, it was like it was carrying an electric charge. it was very strange. And the whole time I was walkin through the battlefield, and the minute or so I spent lookin at the Devil's Den (my parents were rushing me to get back to the hotel), i certainly felt like someone was watching me.

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I have been to Gettysburg and plan on going back there this summer. I do believe that things happen there. I have had experiences the last time I was there that I can not explain. I just don't know that I believe in that particular video.

My husband and I went there for a weekend visit. We had gone to Devils Den and stayed until night fall. Your not supposed to eb there after sundown, but if your already there and heading out slowlyyyyy they dont say much. Anyway's, I have a few pictures with weird lights and such in them. The best thing that happened that I can not explain was, my husband and I were walking through the field across from the cemetery and two young soldiers were walking our way. My husband was about 20 or 30 feet in front of me (he never walks with me, always ahead of meas he walks faster than I do). When the two soldiers walked past me, the first one tipped his hat as f he was saying "Good Day" and the second one just a few steps behind had asked the first one for canteen for a sip of water. I just smiled at them both and said Hello and kept walking, thinking they were re-enactors. Something told me to take a picture of them so I turned around and snapped two pictures.

I asked my husband if they said Hello to him and he said "Who?" I said the soldiers that walked by. He said he didnt see anyone walking by, so I showed him the pictures and he said "Nope, didnt notice them". He still swears to this day that no one had walked by us and I must have taken the picture some other time ...even though the time stamp proved the pictures were taken just a few minutes before I showed them to him.

I still have the pictures on a CD someplace. I will always believe they were apparitions and I was meant to see them...and interact with them.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D "Teddy", I WAS a REB re-enactor, and we DID experience MANY unusual things... including a "night-battle" with YANK ghosts... HA! We called 'em BUMMERS, for the BUMMER caps, they wore. ANYWAY, MY "sense" tells me that it was "family" that passed you; he MAY have been killed at Devil's Den... DUNNO. :dontknow: IF... you are "drawn" there... YEP! SO!
Research family history if appropriate; LOTS of "pics" from that battle, etc. See if you can find him...
even if not BIO-FAMILY, but ADOPTED... "they" still want YOU to know. :read2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
Coffee? (STILL snowed in...). :(

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D "Teddy", I WAS a REB re-enactor, and we DID experience MANY unusual things... including a "night-battle" with YANK ghosts... HA! We called 'em BUMMERS, for the BUMMER caps, they wore. ANYWAY, MY "sense" tells me that it was "family" that passed you; he MAY have been killed at Devil's Den... DUNNO. :dontknow: IF... you are "drawn" there... YEP! SO!
Research family history if appropriate; LOTS of "pics" from that battle, etc. See if you can find him...
even if not BIO-FAMILY, but ADOPTED... "they" still want YOU to know. :read2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
Coffee? (STILL snowed in...). :(

We did find a grave marker of someone with the same last name as my husband. It's not a common name, so were thinking it's one of his ancestors. I know there is family of mine buried there but just have not been able to locate their markers yet. It was just strange that I seen them (but hubby didn't) and I took their picture and then they were gone. There was no way they got out of that area as fast as they did. This all happened wihin 2 minutes or so. (we were in the middle, almost at the top of the hill).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread