Video of Gettysburg Ghost

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Good post, one of the best on the web, hard to contradict it. Looks like they are marching up little round top. My coworker at an old job offered to bring me along on a ghost hunt into the woods near Gettysburg. I wish I had asked him about the area they went to. I didn't go, but I saw the end photographs of their trip. What was amazing is that a few pictures turned up to have black dogs in the woods near them. Are they harbingers? Hounds of Hell? There weren't any dogs in the woods with them? I think there was an old pirate story about a black dog that was the pirate's companion, who was seen in the Pennsylvania woods many times. Pennsylvania was a haven for pirates because the colonists did not like England, and the pirates took loot from England or at least gave them hard times reaching the harbors in this country. I wish I could remember more of the folktale. I believe it's in the Pennsylvania Folklore and Legends book, by Jefferey Frazier. Good series, lots of things in there are related to Gettysburg.

O

Old Silver

1liquigirl said:
Good post, one of the best on the web, hard to contradict it. Looks like they are marching up little round top. My coworker at an old job offered to bring me along on a ghost hunt into the woods near Gettysburg. I wish I had asked him about the area they went to. I didn't go, but I saw the end photographs of their trip. What was amazing is that a few pictures turned up to have black dogs in the woods near them. Are they harbingers? Hounds of Hell? There weren't any dogs in the woods with them? I think there was an old pirate story about a black dog that was the pirate's companion, who was seen in the Pennsylvania woods many times. Pennsylvania was a haven for pirates because the colonists did not like England, and the pirates took loot from England or at least gave them hard times reaching the harbors in this country. I wish I could remember more of the folktale. I believe it's in the Pennsylvania Folklore and Legends book, by Jefferey Frazier. Good series, lots of things in there are related to Gettysburg.

Wow. I just watched my DVD of "Gettysburg." I can't remember their unit number, but they were a Main unit, and they were on Little round top. The Confederates were marching up the hill toward them and the fighting began. At last, the Main unit ran out of (or low on) ammo, so they fixed bayonets and swept down upon the confederates and defeated them. If the movie was true, many died in the fighting.

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Right, I think it is the residual energies re-enactment of Little Round Top, those Confederates at the bottom of that hill, had so much energy in them to climb from the bottom of that hill and to be destroyed? Thinking of their families and loved ones and those soldiers being far from home, they wanted to get back, but never did. I have thought about them every time I see this ghost video. How far away was this video taken to Little Round Top? Anyone know? To much more than coincidence.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I've seen tghis video before and it's one of the best ghost videos I've ever seen, I only wish that I could've been there to see it in person.

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
A friend of mine was a college student living in Gettysburg while the movie "Gettysburg" was being filmed. Because of the sheer number of extras employed, people from the town would volunteer to drive out after shooting was over each day and take truckloads of costumed soldiers back to town. One of her favorite stories was loading up 8 confederate soldiers in her pickup and driving back to town, but when she reached town and hopped out of the truck, there were only 6 confederate soldiers left in the truck and all six were sheet white, scared to death. Apparantly 2 of the confederates had dissappated into vapor somewhere between the battlefield and the town. The really weird thing was that this was a common story amoung townspeople.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread