View screen problem on my new AT PRO

Feb 18, 2016
Lebanon Missouri
Detector(s) used
Had a White's coinmaster pro in the 80's for about 5 years. I lived in western and central Maryland then. I just bought a new Garrett AT PRO in Nov. have had it out like 3 or 4 times. I now live in Le
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new AT PRO have only had it out 3 times. I noticed there are rainbow colored bands on my view screen. This makes it hard to see the screen. I contacted Garrett, they said yes they know about the problem but it is an inherent problem with layered screens. They are sending me a new screen to put on my machine......really ???? Has anyone else had this problem with their AT PRO. They said it can also come from wearing polarized glasses or sunglasses. I really like my new machine but something just don't sound right with the viewing problem on this machine. Thanks Bill.

Yes this has been brought up before. I have an AT Gold and don't seem to have this problem.

I've had mine for a few years now and I haven't had any issues. Hopefully this new screen works out better for you

I've had my At pro 4 yrs now and I've had a rainbow/ air bubble streak across my screen for 3 yrs now and it doesn't effect the performance at all.

It's usually a problem when you wear sunglasses....

Something about this post isn't right. They wouldn't send you a new screen to install yourself. It's under warranty Bill.

I have that effect at times on mine but not so bad that I can't view the screen, I'm thinking mostly in the morning and in full sun light I don't have the rainbow effect. I think it's the plastic material that they use.

It's just the decal over top of the hard face plate. Air/moisture gets in between. Garrett will send you a new decal. Peel off and put the new one on.

I did try looking at the screen with and without my sunglasses on and it does make a difference. Without the glasses I don't see the rainbow. Thanks all for the replies.

It's just the decal over top of the hard face plate. Air/moisture gets in between. Garrett will send you a new decal. Peel off and put the new one on.

That's for shipping purposes. That's like a screen saver for a phone. Throw it out.

Is there a protector on the screen you didn't pull off? I switch my CTX to a iphone plastic protector because of a problem similar to yours.

Rick, No the top face of the AT pro is just a sheet/face decal. I know what s shipping cover/protector looks like. Moisture and air get in between the face decal and cause a rainbow or moisture like bubble. This does not affect the performance at all. Doesn't bother me that mine has this. If I change out the decal, I'm sure in a short time it will do the same thing again.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455953240.035028.jpg

If you are concerned that this is a big problem, it's nothing to worry about. Behind this decal is the sealed water tight housing. The decal is simply a diagram window cover to show which buttons and what numbers, so it will eventually start to bubble.

Rick, No the top face of the AT pro is just a sheet/face decal. I know what s shipping cover/protector looks like. Moisture and air get in between the face decal and cause a rainbow or moisture like bubble. This does not affect the performance at all. Doesn't bother me that mine has this. If I change out the decal, I'm sure in a short time it will do the same thing again.

Oops, yep your right. That's really good to know
I scratched mine up pretty bad.

One of my car stereos does the same thing, until I remove my polarized sunglasses. -- First time I wore some while detecting with my AT Gold I thought my screen was going bad, until I took off my sunglasses, then remembered the car stereo thing...

While it doesn't fix that, I do use a cellphone screen protector over the screen of my machines that have them -- as seeing through scratches wouldn't be much fun!

It was imposiable to wear sun glasses with my AT Pro..............same thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back