What's new

vintage bike head badge

scaupus

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
900
Reaction score
540
Golden Thread
0
Location
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my 2nd vintage bicycle head badge last week. This one is a "Goodyear Hi-way Patrol, built by Columbia". Its from the 50's possibly early 60's. It was in a park that was established some time between 1926 and 1944. I didn't find anything else of interest there-If the park was cleaned out by md'ers, it's strange they missed this badge. I briefly checked a small traffic circle park that had a plaque planted in it that said it was established in 1952, donated by a developer. I checked around the stone plinth, but if anybody dropped any coins while installing or possibly dedicating the plaque, they were gone. But under a tree by a bench I found this vintage Utah Radio badge. Sorry you can't read the whole thing, it also says "Cabinet by Maurice." I looked up Utah Radio on-line, and they were active in the 40's.
 

Attachments

  • hiway patrol goodyear badge w.webp
    hiway patrol goodyear badge w.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 838
  • utah radio web.webp
    utah radio web.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 765
Upvote 4
Really Cool!!
I collect old motorcycles and have some bicycle stuff also. A few of those badges are pretty collectable. The Schwinn bikes of course, but if you find an Excelsior (Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycle co.), then you've got a whopper.
I'm also an old time radio show fan. I have Sirius satelite radio just for the radio classics station. There are many collectors for those as well.
Great stuff!!
 
Congrats on the neat relics. :icon_thumright: Very cool.

Keep digging!
 
littlebill31 said:
Really Cool!!
I collect old motorcycles and have some bicycle stuff also. A few of those badges are pretty collectable. The Schwinn bikes of course, but if you find an Excelsior (Excelsior-Henderson Motorcycle co.), then you've got a whopper.
I'm also an old time radio show fan. I have Sirius satelite radio just for the radio classics station. There are many collectors for those as well.
Great stuff!!
As a point of interest, I have found 2 other badges. One, was a head badge from a Rollfast bicycle, ca. 1930's, I sold on eBay. The other is a silver badge from a Marmon luxury auto, ca. 1920's.

It's kind of strange I've found three transportation badges metal detecting. They don't seem to be that common a find.

I'm not sure what you collect regarding radio classics. Do you collect recordings of the old shows?
 
Actually I just listen to the satelite radio station (Sirius, XM radio) that plays them. I enjoy the old classic radio shows.
I meant that the radio consoles are highly collected and the badges are collected.
You're lucky finding so many, they're neat.
 
that is two really great looking finds !!

thank you, fellow Ace brother.
 
I love it-- found one myself-- it's in todays finds-- i believe it to be 1916 female bike but not sure --model number is not clear
 
Those are some nice bicycle relics. Looks like you were even able to make the dig without damaging them.
 
IT MUST BE BIKE WEEK ..... NEAT.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom