What's new

Vintage detector on Craigslist - Anyone interested?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this listed locally on Craigslist. Anyone collecting old detectors out there???????????
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/982464243.html
-MM-
 
DD-777 said:
Hangin' out with you is like having my own vintage detector... :-* ;D

Alright, I'll admit, that was a good one! ;D :thumbsup:
-Gramps-
 
jump all over that!
 
I guess if you go to a war zone you would be set providing its WW2.
 
DD-777 said:
ModernMiner said:
Montana Jim said:
All you'll need is a copy of (Technical Manual) a copy of TM5-9641 to go with that.

Also - see this misc. info: http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0366668

Thanks Jim.
I think I'll just let DD-777 walk in front of me to look for the land mines. ;D :thumbsup:
-Doug-


Gee thanks. I think your better off leading the way though - your much closer to the ground than I am... :wink:

True, but YOU cover a LOT more area. :tongue3: ;D :wink:
 
ModernMiner said:
DD-777 said:
ModernMiner said:
Montana Jim said:
All you'll need is a copy of (Technical Manual) a copy of TM5-9641 to go with that.

Also - see this misc. info: http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0366668

Thanks Jim.
I think I'll just let DD-777 walk in front of me to look for the land mines. ;D :thumbsup:
-Doug-


Gee thanks. I think your better off leading the way though - your much closer to the ground than I am... :wink:

True, but YOU cover a LOT more area. :tongue3: ;D :wink:

Touche`... :smileinbox:
 
Doug,
Are you neglecting SUDs (not to mention the wife and kids) again just to look at this kind of crap on craigs list!!? :D ;D

I suppose as an antique. Sure looks like junk from the picture.

Maybe a Whites 6000 for $70. Don just bought one of them. :thumbsup: I guy at the last DFXonly hunt smoked everyone with that old machine. Yeah, yeah, what was he doing at the "DFXonly hunt"?! That's what I said. ;D

Let me know when you find another deal for me. :wink: 8)

Bob
 
i sold a 1951 edition of that detector about twenty years ago for $250.oo. the collector wanted it, i sold it.
never could find batteries.
 
Mirage said:
Doug,
Are you neglecting SUDs (not to mention the wife and kids) again just to look at this kind of crap on craigs list!!? :D ;D

I suppose as an antique. Sure looks like junk from the picture.
Maybe a Whites 6000 for $70. Don just bought one of them. :thumbsup: I guy at the last DFXonly hunt smoked everyone with that old machine. Yeah, yeah, what was he doing at the "DFXonly hunt"?! That's what I said. ;D
Let me know when you find another deal for me. :wink: 8)
Bob

"Neglecting the wife & kids". :icon_scratch: ???
No way. I was doing some early Christmas 09' shopping for them. ;D :wink:
-Doug-
P.S. Sud's misses you. :tongue3:

RonS-In-Marysville said:
That's a collectors item ::)

Ron,
I knew you would know a "collectors item" when you saw one. Every time I go to the flea market and try to buy some junque', I tell her "Honey, it's a collectors item." ;D
Then she hits me with an iron skillet. :'(
-Doug-

pippinwhitepaws said:
i sold a 1951 edition of that detector about twenty years ago for $250.oo. the collector wanted it, i sold it.
never could find batteries.

Kind of like trying to find a radiator bearing for an 86 Yugo. ;D :wink:
-MM-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom