What's new

Vintage? (lipstick tube)

jgowans

Full Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
209
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ellicott City, MD
Found at a park about 4 inches down. I know it is a lipstick tube.
The side is blurry but I think I got the end well enough.
It says Valaze Orchid Red Made in USA
I found Helena Rubenstein sold the line in the early 1900's
Can anyone add or verify this? Heck I thought it was a pipe at first.

end.webp
tube.webp
 
Re: Vintage?

Compact case, 1920-1940's. cool find!
 
Upvote 0
Even though lipstick hit the market in 1915 and Helena Rubenstein outfitted a few silent movie stars in flamboyant make-up in the late teens, from a collecting standpoint, there aren't many cosmetic items available dating earlier than the 1920s.
 
Upvote 0
made during the era of the flapper girls, 1920's, orchid red popular color
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom