What's new

Vintage metal detector. Any info?

AlabamaClay

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone have any information about this detector? The main body is welded aluminum. The label is very faded. I think it says Buccaneer as a model. I think it says Robert Mann also. I got it at an estate sale today. Haven’t replaced the battery to see if it works. I don’t plan on hunting with it. I just like odd vintage items.
 

Attachments

  • 1AE5A202-EB5C-4768-817A-17EE395631CC.webp
    1AE5A202-EB5C-4768-817A-17EE395631CC.webp
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 41234CBC-2499-4164-A1C8-5D76B2F5BD05.webp
    41234CBC-2499-4164-A1C8-5D76B2F5BD05.webp
    383.4 KB · Views: 146
Looks like a prop from a 50’s B movie. Does it still work?
 
Upvote 0
never heard of it. construction and label looks very early 1970's
 
Upvote 0
This auction was closed, so no information available.
Very slight difference in the coil from yours.

Buccanner.webp
 
Upvote 0
Perhaps an early Bill Mahan’s product? Is the name on it possibly “Robert Mahan”?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Certified by Robert Marx ?
Premier galleon diver of the era.

d-tex.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I put a new battery in and it does work! But... unlike the add says, I don’t think I can find a small Wells Fargo box at 21 inches. With some adjustment, I detected a quarter at 2 inches in an air test and an iron bar at 3 inches. No luck detecting paper money either. (How was that supposed to work anyway?). It does have interesting sounds. Kind of like the sing-songy whistle when tuning in a short wave radio. Thanks everyone for your replies.
 
Upvote 0
It's a nice old keeper though.Congrats
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom